PDA

View Full Version : RvR Help

Skylen
03-22-2005, 04:05 AM
Ok, I'm giving into peer pressure, and going to fit Skylen's ice group for RvR, meaning 4 ice wizzies(48 ice, 23 earth), minstrel (50 instruments, 23 stealth), and cleric (42 enhance, 36 rejuv).

My question is, having all arti's to choose from, all 6 LGM crafters to work with, I would like to hear what you guys have for suggestions for what I should equip, respec, SC/Alch items for these toons, the works for RvR?

And yes, I know this isn't the right place for this thread, but I haven't posted for a while. =P

V98ci
03-22-2005, 05:12 AM
Tartaro's, scalars and cloudsong for wizzies.

Scepter, Healers for cleric

I've already got minst decked out so you won't need yours :P

Saretta
03-22-2005, 02:33 PM
Might wanna get Cloudsong for the cleric too, I think u can do much better templates with cloudsong in it. Healers has heal bonus and cloudsong had buff bonus but cloudsong also has 5 % to casting speed. Every decent cleric template i saw so far has cloudsong in it.
Egg of Youth for the cleric is a must too.

If the minstrel is only a speedbot and won't fight much don't waste points in slash or other weapon things but put it in stealth instead. 50 instruments rest in stealth.

For the wizzies maybe nailahs robe too.

Yetti
03-22-2005, 03:42 PM
Jay would be a great person to ask in that dept., he's running a few wizzies last I heard :O

Mmmm ice wizzies. I'd skip the cloudsong personally... I'd think something for mass damage... Atlantis tablets, jacina's sashs, tarts, scalars, govs, cb. The increased range on pbaoe toons isnt the most necessary toa stat. (+100 Int., +100 dex, +10% piercing, +10% damage, +10% speed.) That'll get most stuff close to cap for toa bonuses, offer 2 shapechanges, and a nice little mcl 2 charge. [Think my wizzies using Jacinas, tarts, nailahs, scalars, erinys, cloudsong, CB artifacts, then ml9, ml10 and some dropped/pc stuff]

EoY can be helpful on your cleric, really helpful... seeing as you'll have a mass of toons to take care of. (Though tablet would be nice having 5 crocs/wolves and be more difficult to target the cleric.... or hey, get both on the cleric and swap on occasion.) Healers embrace is a nice little 3rd instant heal for players within the clerics LoS. Scorpion tail ring offers a group cure poison to take away those vicious mentalist ae dots. Otherwise most power pool possible so you can spam group/spread heals. [Think my cleric's template has CTR/Winged Helm/CB/EoY then some dropped, ml2, ml3, ml9, ml10, pc items.]

Minstrel can go crazy-go-nuts on artifacts and toys. Find w/e ya like for them, they have a slew of options depending on what you find useful. Items with stealth lore, snares, elementals, ae cure mez, etc can be helpful. If its the toon you intend to lead/drive with, probably a winged helm / ctr/ eirene's could be useful to help dampen the blows. [My minstrel's a huge arty freak. Anything that helps absorb damage or debuff, he has. Template's kinda scary, and play it generally as a stealthstrel. 1v1 he can hold his own, little low in the casting department though. You may want to jack up your dex, cast speed and range if ya wanna try to use it as a mezzer]

Would probably be a stormlord for the wizzies, maybe 1 convoker. RA Damage traps + storms could be very entertaining, I'd imagine. Cleric's probably gonna be a Perfector so that you can drop your own pfs. Sojourner on the minstrel <3 group port idea if ya lose your cleric. Just gonna want to drag around a warlord w/60+ seigecraft to take down doors quickly to set up for farming. Leaving a last spot for an active cleric to keep ya alive. Nice to have a player not standing on your pile of characters so it doesn't eat CC when you do.

--CB and GoLM has stun/mez turning effects. Still hot things to use imo!
--Heal Reactives would seem useful.
--Any Group-effect artifacts would probably be benefitial.
--Better than setting something in stone and spending a bazillion plat, etc on crafting out a template... might wanna take a few runs in rvr, then check out visionofsages and some various item dataqbases to see what things you wish you'd have had at that moment... EoY for example can give you a 2nd chance to pwn a group at a tower. Toys are what it's all about, just gotta browse and see what ya think you'd dig having... but I guess that's what this post was trying to help out eh.
--Contray to popular belief, dying your characters to 'look cool' does indeed make them jump higher, get more kill spam, and makes the ladies go wild.
GL MAN!

Cesarthegreat
03-22-2005, 03:54 PM
I know you have lots of work ahead of you and any help I can give just let me know, you have done so much for alot of folks, Items wont be a problem crafting will take longer then most.

As far as cleric goes i have a pretty nice templet setup for a Rej cleric but IMO the best spec would be 36rej 40enh spec for when one of the squishy casters go down. So your going to want in your templet

+dex 20 to 25
+pie 20 to 25
+ 30 to 40 % to power pool
10 to cast speed
25 to healing
25 to buffs

Let me go back to the drawing board and play with some numbers and see what i can come up with

Arties you will need

Egg of Youth = A must egg rez
cloudsong = One of the nicer cleric cloaks but not a must
CB= really nice for mezz feed back

Yetti
03-22-2005, 03:58 PM
^^ good cleric spec

Skylen
03-22-2005, 07:29 PM
You guys are the RvR pro's and PvE savy, I don't have any clue about RvR, so fgured you guys give me pointers to what ya see work and not work out in RvR. This is great input and ya, will be some work, but would rather go out there ready to get spanked then going out there knowing nothing at all.. =)

Thanks for the input guys, I'm getting a lot of good insight about what to do, and ya, I've been bugging Jay when he's not ripping through 6-7 groups of hibs at a time about his specs. =)

Cheron
03-22-2005, 07:31 PM
I'm out for a little while, but when/if I get back I'm more than willing to help you out. Anything you need bud :-)

Saretta
03-22-2005, 09:03 PM
Scorpion tail ring offers a group cure poison to take away those vicious mentalist ae dots.

This is NOT true, commonly made mistake. Scor tail ring has a self cure disease and a self cure poison, NO group cure poison.

Yetti
03-29-2005, 01:38 PM
Ah, I see. The info on the visionofsages was faulty back when I had read it. Good thing I never attempted to work that PoS into a template to find that out lol. Low utility item, if it lacks group CP, then it lacks any use in the game imo. My bad, and thx for catching that error.

When are you going to work on your toons templates skylen?

Skylen
03-29-2005, 04:28 PM
Jag got me started with a template(wizzies) that has what you guys all suggested, so looks like it's going to be a fun farming session for a few weeks. I don't have a template for the minstrel or Cleric yet, EoY is a definite, I've got almost 10 CB's, just CLoudsing is going to be a pain to find up.

I started working on Immolated Rings on FIre island, since those would supposedly take me the longest to farm, Jay said he got 1 in every 100 times of doing fire island, so let the pain begin!! =)

But if you see me on Skylen, 99% chance I'm working on a template now, since Golems are my arti/ml helping toons now.. =)

Yetti
03-30-2005, 02:00 PM
Tips for fire island:
1) A neat trick is to put ML toys near the center of the island (titans/pnodes). They do not do damage, but if you find the right spot, it seems they force the Puros mob to spawn at 50% health. Pretty tricky:P
2.) If you get a helper with GT's, you can use summoned ice balls to take out what's left of the puros mob so you wont even have to waste time killing him. You only need to kill the mob with the ring w/o using seige. I usually have someone catapulting that mob while we're killing the first with pbaoers. (As long as the seige remains active it'll never disappear while you're farming.) If timed right, they'll both die about the same time, leaving the catapult runner to go wait at the end of the bridge till you're done on the last mob so ya can reset.
3.) Salamanders have a high resistance to fire, probably use that like a focus mob, just toss it on a mob before ya send the pbaoe'rs so ya get all the nukes off, if possible key one of em for cold debuff, it'll bring your pbaoe damage on the others up a lot more than just using all pbaoe... assuming you're not hitting at cap damage already like jay would probably be doing with all his RA goodness. Minstrel charmer is quite nice.
4.) Farming that many rings is like a weekend project. Just set aside a long session of time to pve :/ Bring some friends, extra DI clerics or more ice damage will help cut down your groups run time cause you get to be more sloppy.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm willing to trade some monotonous chores like farming CB scrolls for hard stuff to solo like artifacts (some of my friends are playing this game again and need my help to equip). And of course, anytime you want help with anything, I'll gladly give ya as much of my time as you need. Just say the word and I'm there.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My templates include RoGs which can't really be refarmed. But if it helps, ya can gank minstrel or cleric templates off the class boards... like say... Let's gank Orto's bot's template <hehe>...
Config Report
Stats
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Str: 0 Int: 0 Hits: 284
Con: 77 Pie: 111 Power: 0
Dex: 94 Cha: 0
Qui: 0 Emp: 0
Resists
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Body: 25 Energy: 25 Crush: 25
Cold: 26 Matter: 26 Thrust: 25
Heat: 25 Spirit: 25 Slash: 26
Skills
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Focus
Cap Increases
17 Dex
80 Hits
24 Pie
10 Power
Other Bonuses
5 Buff Bonus
11 Casting Speed Bonus
25 Healing Bonus
12 AF Bonus
36 Power Percentage Bonus
Piece Listing
Chest
Name: snake lords hauberk
Level: 51 Quality: 99
AF: Bonus:
Effect 1: 24 Dexterity
Effect 2: 24 Piety
Effect 3: 56 Hits
Effect 4: 8 Power Percentage Bonus
Effect 5: 2 Casting Speed Bonus
Effect 6: Empty
Effect 7: Empty
Effect 8: Empty
Effect 9: Empty
Effect 10: Empty
Utility: 46.0
Arms
Imbue Points: 37.5 of 28 (99 Qual) Overcharge: Impossible!
Gem 1: 22 Constitution - 99 precious Earthen Essence
Gem 2: 9 Matter Resist - 99 polished Earthen Shielding
Gem 3: 11 Crush Resist - 99 faceted Fiery Shielding
Gem 4: 3 Spirit Resist - 99 rough Vapor Shielding
Utility: 60.6666666667
Head
Gem 1: 16 Constitution - 99 polished Earthen Essence
Gem 2: 9 Cold Resist - 99 polished Icy Shielding
Gem 3: 9 Crush Resist - 99 polished Fiery Shielding
Gem 4: 9 Thrust Resist - 99 polished Airy Shielding
Utility: 64.6666666667
Legs
Imbue Points: 35.0 of 28 (99 Qual) Overcharge: Impossible!
Gem 1: 19 Dexterity - 99 faceted Vapor Essence
Gem 2: 52 Hits - 99 faceted Blood Essence
Gem 3: 7 Matter Resist - 99 imperfect Earthen Shielding
Gem 4: 9 Spirit Resist - 99 polished Vapor Shielding
Utility: 57.6666666667
Hands
Gem 1: 44 Hits - 99 polished Blood Essence
Gem 2: 11 Thrust Resist - 99 faceted Airy Shielding
Gem 3: 7 Cold Resist - 99 imperfect Icy Shielding
Gem 4: 7 Energy Resist - 99 imperfect Light Shielding
Utility: 61.0
Feet
Name: Boots of the Rebirth
AF: Bonus:
Effect 1: 18 Constitution
Effect 2: 18 Dexterity
Effect 3: 18 Acuity
Effect 4: 2 Casting Speed Bonus
Effect 5: 10 Healing Bonus
Utility: 36.0
Right Hand
Gem 1: 60 Hits - 99 precious Blood Essence
Gem 2: 9 Body Resist - 99 polished Dusty Shielding
Gem 3: 9 Slash Resist - 99 polished Watery Shielding
Gem 4: 7 Heat Resist - 99 imperfect Heated Shielding
Utility: 65.0
Left Hand
Name: ML7 Cleric shield
DPS: Bonus:
Effect 1: 15 Acuity
Effect 2: 21 Constitution
Effect 3: 7 Power Percentage Bonus
Effect 4: 7 Healing Bonus
Effect 5: 7 Acuity Cap Increase
Utility: 24.0
Two Handed
Imbue Points: 0.0 of 28 (99 Qual) Overcharge: None
Gem 1: Empty -
Gem 2: Empty -
Gem 3: Empty -
Gem 4: Empty -
Utility: 0
Ranged
Imbue Points: 0.0 of 28 (99 Qual) Overcharge: None
Gem 1: Empty -
Gem 2: Empty -
Gem 3: Empty -
Gem 4: Empty -
Utility: 0
Neck
Name: Zahurs Neck
Bonus:
Effect 1: 6 Body Resist
Effect 2: 6 Spirit Resist
Effect 3: 6 Energy Resist
Effect 4: 8 Power Percentage Bonus
Effect 5: 12 AF Bonus
Effect 6: 5 Power Cap Increase
Utility: 36
Cloak
Name: Cloudsong
Bonus:
Effect 1: 12 Acuity
Effect 2: 5 Acuity Cap Increase
Effect 3: 5 Power Percentage Bonus
Effect 4: 5 Casting Speed Bonus
Effect 5: 5 Buff Bonus
Effect 6: 5 Power Cap Increase
Utility: 8.0
Jewel
Name: EoY
Bonus:
Effect 1: 12 Acuity
Effect 2: 32 Hits
Effect 3: 5 Crush Resist
Effect 4: 5 Thrust Resist
Effect 5: 5 Slash Resist
Effect 6: 8 Healing Bonus
Effect 7: 40 Hits Cap Increase
Utility: 46.0
Belt
Name: Belt of Moirai
Bonus:
Effect 1: 7 Spirit Resist
Effect 2: 8 Power Percentage Bonus
Effect 3: 2 Casting Speed Bonus
Effect 4: 8 Acuity Cap Increase
Effect 5: 8 Dexterity Cap Increase
Utility: 14
Right Ring
Name: Immolated Ring
Bonus:
Effect 1: 15 Dexterity
Effect 2: 15 Acuity
Effect 3: 8 Energy Resist
Effect 4: 8 Heat Resist
Effect 5: 4 Dexterity Cap Increase
Effect 6: 4 Acuity Cap Increase
Utility: 52.0
Left Ring
Name: Croc Tear Ring
Bonus:
Effect 1: 15 Acuity
Effect 2: 4 Cold Resist
Effect 3: 4 Heat Resist
Effect 4: 4 Matter Resist
Effect 5: 4 Energy Resist
Effect 6: 4 Body Resist
Utility: 50.0
Right Wrist
Name: Ebon Hide Bracer
Bonus:
Effect 1: 6 Cold Resist
Effect 2: 6 Body Resist
Effect 3: 6 Heat Resist
Effect 4: 6 Slash Resist
Effect 5: 6 Matter Resist
Utility: 60
Left Wrist
Name: ceremonial bracers
Bonus:
Effect 1: 18 Dexterity
Effect 2: 40 Hits
Effect 3: 6 Slash Resist
Effect 4: 40 Hits Cap Increase
Effect 5: 5 Dexterity Cap Increase
Utility: 34.0
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sure the Enhancementss bonuses, hits, dex and AF could use some work, but resists are close to cap and its got a decent power pool. Plus the items are fairly common or craftable. Can always swap in a stardrop and use a stratus on 2nd weapon to raise the stat enhancements to cap with just 2 quick swaps. Leaves ya nice template space.

Cheron
03-30-2005, 11:11 PM
I need Immolated Ring for my Cleric, so if you want some help farming just let me know, ML8 with DI2 ;-)