PDA

View Full Version : Demos

Pathos
02-01-2003, 03:52 PM
Figured i'd have another bash at getting back into this game; only played it on a LAN previously and while it was fun i must admit to getting a little bored with it in record time (think i've been spoiled with Sam being my first FPS) - but i may as well give it another go online.

As far as demos go, i have a few i downloaded i'd like to watch, but confess i can't quite figure how to get it going (there were no instructions with the files). I've installed the files to the baseq3 directory (one hopes that's correct) and.. er.. what now? Does not come up under demos. [newbie scratch of head]

Incidentally, I have the latest patch installed as well as the levels on which the demos were played.

Static
02-01-2003, 04:22 PM
You are a huge nerd!!

Pathos
02-01-2003, 04:27 PM
Chuckle.. thanks man. You have such a way with words - like being hit over the head with a poetry book.

MR. SLiK
02-01-2003, 05:11 PM
Well Pathos, you got the baseq3 thing right. Make sure they arent in another sub folder or anything.

Pathos
02-01-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by MR. SLiK@Feb 2 2003, 03:11 AM
Well Pathos, you got the baseq3 thing right. Make sure they arent in another sub folder or anything.
So you're saying it SHOULD be working? Dang. Ah well, no demos for me. [pang of withdrawal]

Just played my first online game of Quake 3 and who should join but ol' Salvation himself. Given we have not run into each other in SAM i found it vaguely ironic. On a side note, we had a good noob 1vs1. [chuckle] :thumbs:

MR. SLiK
02-01-2003, 06:54 PM
Hmm it should work.