PDA

View Full Version : Malaysia Commentary

::: DARK PSI :::
04-26-2005, 05:13 PM
Another well fought race by all of us. Eugen really surprised me with the early on lead he held over the rest of us. Even though I placed 4th in qualifying, I easily pushed up to 2nd with my quick start. However, even though Marrello was keeping Mike at bay, that bastard still found a way to speed past both me and Eugen for the win. Very impressive driving as always Mike.

It was good to see Marrello finish the race even after his mishap loosing his rear fin. My little screwup cost me not only 2nd place but also any points for this race. I still do not know exactly what happened to with my pit crew. I originally budgeted fuel in the following way..

10 Initial
10 1st Stop
and 7 for last.

I assumed there were 27 laps since that is what we were talking about. Well after I saw there was 28 laps I determined on my final pit stop I would up the amount the pit crew would put in my car. Well on the final stop, the fuel reading that they were going to put in was 10! NOT 7! Thinking the computer was in error, I reduced the amount down to 8.5. This would have given me enough fuel with a little left over for safety. Well needless to say the readout was wrong, maybe due to lag, and it was showing my fuel strategy for my 1st stop. So by changing it I really was reducing my 7 and adding a few extra.. which gave me 7.5 laps instead of 8.5.

After I launched out of the pits I was not paying attention to my fuel gauge at the top of the screen thinking I was ok. Well everyone knows how it ended.. at lap 27.5 / 28 I ran out of juice. I now know why when a driver breaks down at the end of the race, he feels like chucking his steering wheel across the field. :mad:

BRING ON SAN MARINO. I WILL PERFORM PERFECTLY THERE!