PDA

View Full Version : SPAIN Commentary

Homer.F1
05-09-2005, 02:38 AM
Well that sucked. I feel like I was driving a Minardi. My computer crashed right after the start. Guess thats a DNF and 0pts for me. Ohh and thanks for ****ing up my qualifying lap you bastards.

F1nut
05-09-2005, 03:11 PM
Well what a weekend HomerF1 crashes :eek: (computer) my set up was bad yet I managed a 2nd spot. :thumbs: Talk about luck. First I want to congrats SALvation for not giving up and sticking with it collecting 2 points. Well done SPEED will come so stick with it bud, :thumbs: Now to my weekend .Cual went ok I F** up some corners but I got away with it P2 is what I hoped fore since DarkPSI was sooo FAST :eek: 1.14.+ that’s nice. I worked on cual setup on Saturday and I was hoping to work on race setup on Sunday but the real race and Mday kept me away from the computer all day so I did not have race setup I used cual setup and paid for it. At the start Duce took the inside at the first corner overtaking me and started to pull away on the wet track but a small mistake at Siaf :P corner allowed me to overtake .DarkPSI was 2.5s ahead already and going strong I was unable to race him since my setup was rong and the tires got hot after 3 laps 128* C and started to blister fast by lap 8 I had no grip :bawling: .A slow pit stop (no practice) sow me dropping back and the gap increased. From there on I was contend with second and did not push hard and I paid for it DarkPSI did an extra stop with some kind of problem and I could have taken the win. :mad: The morale of the story is NEVER GIVE UP PUSH PUSH PUSH :)

::: DARK PSI :::
05-09-2005, 03:33 PM
It proves to show that no matter how well your time is in qualifying, it means nothing to your actual race time. Yes, my 1:14.858 was very quick (due to a ridiculous amount of practice on this track :rolleyes: ), actually my best time for the circuit.. but that was with only 2 laps of fuel and fresh, beautiful, sticky tyres. Come race time, I could only squeek out a 1:16.201 as my best. Most of the time I was doing 1:17s with even a 1:19 thrown in for good measure. A far cry from my 1:14. :bawling:

My strategy was 12-12-8 which I THOUGHT would be perfect for the track conditions. Boy was I wrong. The first 12 laps were great, I was handling like a dream and had NO issues with steering. The car performed perfectly! By my first pit stop I had a good 12 second lead on F1 Nut and I was feeling very comfortable. The next 12 laps were pretty uneventful except at the end when my tyres started to melt. By the 22nd lap I was racing on ice it felt. My car was all over the place. Luckily I had a pit stop coming in 3 more laps.. which i made to without trouble. But then EVERYTHING went sour.

I am not sure what happened by I think my pit crew did not put on new tyres. At about lap 28 my pit crew informed me that 3 of my 4 tyres were beginning to severly blister.. boy did I feel it. I was all over the place even spinning out. Needless to say I had to make a 3rd pit stop to get fresh tyres. THANKFULLY I had built up a near 30 second lead on F1 nut which gave me plenty of breathing room to make a MUST needed stop. After the stop the tyres were great and I took it home for the win.

It really stinks that Homer F1 had a VERY early retirement this race (WTH happening anyway!!????) I was looking forward to a hard fought battle. However it is nice to get the points all evened up now going into Monaco. This season is looking very close! :thumbs:

Congrats also go out to SALvation on finishing his very first GP! GOOD JOB BUD! :thumbs: :thumbs:

SALvation
05-09-2005, 05:47 PM
It was a fun race and I'm glad I was able to get the whole way through without any major problems. I was slowly gaining ground through the race and at about 2/3 through, I was only about 10 seconds behind Marello, but a spinout killed that shot. I'm looking forward to Monaco which looks like a survival of the fittest type course.

Die Hard
05-09-2005, 06:12 PM
OMG This sounds like the best game in the world. I would love to play with you guys.

Trouble is (and you won't be able to get your heads around this) I don't have the room for a wheel. I play in my bedroom cause that's the only place I can get my PC on a desk. The desk is so small I sit all cramped up and there is just no room for a wheel.

Rats, damn, blast and ****

Maybe next season. Safe to say I'll be following your results as tenaciously as I do the real F1. Good reading guys :thumbs:

05-09-2005, 06:25 PM
It's good to see a "F1 diehard" (pardon the pun) like us. You can see all our stats and stuff at our website as well...

www.formula1fanatics.com (http://www.formula1fanatics.com)

Hell yea next season you should join up. It is a ton of fun and the more the better!

OMG This sounds like the best game in the world. I would love to play with you guys.

Trouble is (and you won't be able to get your heads around this) I don't have the room for a wheel. I play in my bedroom cause that's the only place I can get my PC on a desk. The desk is so small I sit all cramped up and there is just no room for a wheel.

Rats, damn, blast and ****

Maybe next season. Safe to say I'll be following your results as tenaciously as I do the real F1. Good reading guys :thumbs:

Duce
05-09-2005, 08:20 PM
I was lucky, because I missed my garage and had to go around with just 7litres of fuel. I ran out of fuel as I entered the pits and barely crawled in to refuel otherwise I would have had another DNF. After that I knew I could only get 3rd but with a few errors salvation was reducing the gap. So I had to wake up! Sorry for the qualifying and the crash Mike. I didn't realize that you were on your hot lap.

05-10-2005, 01:07 AM
Yea sorry from me as well Homer F1.. we all need to shut up when people are qualifying. Good to see you posting Duce!!!

DiTomasso
05-10-2005, 06:27 PM
nice reading, enjoy F1

keep it up :thumbs: