PDA

View Full Version : Monaco Practice

SALvation
05-16-2005, 10:55 PM
OK I'll be the first to post a Monaco practice time. 1:25:251 after a few laps. This race is gonna suck. :)

F1nut
05-24-2005, 12:26 AM
Ok guys lets here some times I managed 1.18.57 best with 1.20…. as race pace and 1.17.5…Cual :D and that was a lucky lap I touch the wall almost every lap and the computer ai is a mess so overtaking will be unknown I will post my times as today was my first test day at Monaco I did about 45 minutes of practice. The race will be about 39 laps. I’m starting to like this circuit it’s very demanding and if u louse concentration for a minute u will find yourself in the barrier less a wing .Have fun :thumbs:

::: DARK PSI :::
05-24-2005, 01:02 PM
I am still unable to practice since I have a time restriction on me for only 5 hours since i placed 1st last race. :bawling:

This rule stinks. :D I wanna race! :bawling:

:cool:

SALvation
05-24-2005, 01:21 PM
Yea right, I'm sure you are adhering to that rule...

what day is our Monaco race anyways?

05-24-2005, 02:27 PM
I am.. but only cause I am "Questin" now. :D :D :D :D

Sunday is the race.

Yea right, I'm sure you are adhering to that rule...

what day is our Monaco race anyways?

F1nut
05-25-2005, 02:55 AM
Today I ran into some problems with my setup :bawling: I had more fuel (13 laps) and my car was all over the place and I could do no better then 1.21.89. :eek: even when the fuel got lower .The tires seemed to have good temperatures (110)??? I have no answers .Maybe is because I had very little time about 15 minutes today. DarkPSI the 4 h practice starts after Monaco so happy practice :thumbs: .Duce has another fella that would like to join :D

05-25-2005, 03:30 AM
Thank God the 4 hour rule begins after this hell spawned circuit.

Seriously.. is this circuit for real? I cannot get around the track ONCE without banging into a wall. My times have been ALL over the place.

1 lap I will get a 1:24, next I will get a 1:19 then I will go back to a 1:23. This is crazy. I have my wings at around 42 / 50. This seems to keep my butt on the track enough to take the turns at a good speed.

The best time I was able to muster up today was a 1:17.889 (after about 2 hours of practice). HOW THE HELL DID KIMI AND ALONSO GET 1:14!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I tried with race fuel and WOO HOO I was ALL OVER THE PLACE.. even spinning out in strange areas. Also is it me... or is this damn track BUMPY!!! My car is jumping all over the place! :bawling:

Can we just race and get this nightmare over with. I cannot understand how the professionals say they love this track and say it is their favorite. I think they only say that because of the mystique of Monaco and its history. If it was a new circuit I believe everyone would say it is a dung heap!

:cool:

05-25-2005, 03:32 AM
Hell yea he can join. Does he want to start with Monaco or Europe?

.Duce has another fella that would like to join :D

Duce
05-25-2005, 01:00 PM
Probably after Monaco but you guys have to let us know how to make the cars the same after I give him the 2004cd. Yes I believe I'll hit the walls about once a lap.

05-25-2005, 03:11 PM
Yea, it is real easy.. just copying two files. When you are ready I can give him a ring and tell him what to do.

Homer.F1
05-25-2005, 04:00 PM
Wow... I just got a few laps in last night. This track is a nightmare. Everytime I got to the start finish line I was looking for a big piece of cheese in this freaking rat maze. I didn't get a time better then 1.24 and I promise you there will be BAR body parts all over the track come Sunday night. I got to go practice driving without my front wing 'cause I got a feeling I'll be doing a lot of that. :down:

05-25-2005, 06:42 PM
To make this track even more of a nightmare, there are glitches in the game all over the place.

Be careful what wall you run into... some are NOT really there and you fall through them! LOL! :eek:

I cannot wait to see all of us bumping into each other. It may look as funny as when the Minardi driver literally caused a blockade in the middle of the road last Sunday. :confused:

SALvation
05-25-2005, 07:55 PM
There is that one turn about halfway through that is almost a 180. I can't seem to turn tight enough no matter how slow I go through it. Is there a setting to help with this or is everyone hitting the outside wall on this turn?

05-25-2005, 08:08 PM
It's a glitch in the game. Nothing we can do about it.. just make sure to brake in enough time. If you end up falling in.. just sit there and touch nothing.. the game will work you out in about 2-3 seconds.:(

There is that one turn about halfway through that is almost a 180. I can't seem to turn tight enough no matter how slow I go through it. Is there a setting to help with this or is everyone hitting the outside wall on this turn?

F1nut
05-26-2005, 02:33 PM
This track is a nightmare :babe: but when you get a good lap in it feels pretty dam good :thumbs: .To answer your Q SALvation yes there is a setting called steering lock u want to increase that to about 18-19 Degrees and that should help. It is under MECHANICAL AND AERO where u set your wings. Good Luck we going to need it. :P

F1nut
05-27-2005, 02:46 AM
Ok another day another struggle to improve my times :mad: I cannot get below 1.19.35 no matter what I do :bawling: . I tried with low fuel (2 laps) and race fuel 13 laps with same result I get 1.19. + With 10 laps fuel and then I get 1.24. +with 4 laps :mad: This is one frustrating track. It is hard to be consistent on this track and very hard to set up your car since u don’t know if the change is good or u just had a so so lap. I did 26 laps today and I cannot brake 1.19.00 any of u have any comments??? :banghead:

05-27-2005, 04:15 AM
I have my steering lock at 21 and my gearing is 100% acceleration.. no need for speed on this track for.. there is no time to get up to speed.

Homer.F1
05-27-2005, 04:36 AM
Man.. I think I should just take a DNF and not bother... This track is crap plus no time for practice.. best I could do is 23's and thats hitting walls on the way. I have a feeling my championship lead is going to vanish after this big crapper. Anyone care to post some setups.. F1.nut u doing 19's. Post ur setup please. My car is all over the place... Oversteering like a mother feerrrr.

05-27-2005, 04:39 AM
I pulled off consecutive 1:17.5 times today. I can ALMOST consistently stay under 1:20 now. I still eat walls. :)

I am already looking forward to Europe GP, at least that is a REAL race track.. not this nightmare.

Homer.F1
05-27-2005, 04:50 AM
Wholly crap Dark.:eek: .. Post some setups.. U guys want me to beg or what?:mad:
By the way... stop pracitcing and go to bed its 1:00 AM and your only allowed 4Hrs remember...

05-27-2005, 02:13 PM
Wholly crap Dark.:eek: .. Post some setups.. U guys want me to beg or what?:mad:
By the way... stop pracitcing and go to bed its 1:00 AM and your only allowed 4Hrs remember...
Actually I have been a good boy, I have only logged about 2-3 hours so far in practice. I cannot find any enjoyment with this track. No matter how hard I try to like it.. I hate it. It is so damn boring. I NEED SPEED! :cool:

I will post my setup tonight. The biggest thing that helps me is uping the steering rate IN GAME. Really helps me cut the corners fast and not eat wall all the time.

BTW DO NOT reduce your brakes like you guys love to do. It will give you very little in additional speed and not stop you fast enough. I up the brakes too. Faster stopping ability helps me hit the corners faster.

Duce
05-27-2005, 05:49 PM
I just cannot get under the 121's (only 3 times). I keep bouncing off the walls and find it difficult to concentrate. Good thing we have damage at 25% otherwise I would not finish the race. When I keep it together I usually do 122-123s and that is it.

05-27-2005, 06:26 PM
That may be good enough for 1st since all of us will screw up. Just keep it steady and it could be a win.

I swear I ride the guard rail more than staying on track. Let's just say if this was real life, my crew would not be happy with me... I would have a few scratches in need of repaiting. :D

05-29-2005, 04:07 AM
Ding!! 1:16.958 :cool: :cool:

05-29-2005, 06:21 PM
This crazy course. I have ran about 20 laps today and the best I can now do is a 1:18. It is so hard to be consistent on this track. Let's get this race over with! ON TO NURBURGRING!! :D

SALvation
05-29-2005, 09:04 PM
I'm having a tough time to even get the motivation to practice this track. I've done maybe 15 practice laps. I'll just do what I did in school and cram during the practice runs. :)

Black Rose
05-30-2005, 06:46 AM
Yup I think it´s the hardest track in the F1 series.
Good luck guys for the next race http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys2/spocht_2.gif