PDA

View Full Version : This is a good idea...isn't it?

BobtheCkroach
05-19-2005, 05:46 PM
I get married a year from June 24, and since myself and all but one of my groomsman (along w/ all my other male friends) love computers, I've decided to have a LAN party for my bachelor party.

Is this overly geeky? I don't drink, I don't have a desire to get strippers, but I do have a desire to spend my last single night doing the one thing that my girlfriend really really hates, as I'm sure LAN time will be reduced post-wedding (don't get me wrong - I love my fiancee, even if she reduces LAN time :thumbs: ).

Anyways, I've even had some techy people tell me that this is too far...seems like a great way to have a good time before the wedding to me, so what do you think?

JIMINATOR
05-19-2005, 06:00 PM
(along w/ all my other male boyfriends)

:hmmm:

do whatever makes you happy. there are a lot of other worse ways to party. and remember, there is always internet pron.... :thumbs:

BobtheCkroach
05-19-2005, 06:01 PM
:hmmm:

do whatever makes you happy. there are a lot of other worse ways to party. and remember, there is always internet pron.... :thumbs:

sigh...I should have seen that coming :doh:

One day I'll learn to always consider the JIM factor when posting...

LOL - thanks Jimbo :thumbs:

PJ'l_Master
05-19-2005, 06:42 PM
i believe this is how the idea for eDen was born actually...(the LAN center in my area)

when my best friends sister got married, her fiance/husband had a LAN party at the lan center in Lansing

if i may suggest...rent out eDen for the day or something

Edit: oh yeah...i voted for the last one just cuz its the most correct about you

Pure_Evil
05-19-2005, 06:42 PM
Man, after a few years (ok, I was lying, months, maybe weeks) of marriage, you'll be damn pissed at yourself for not having the strippers of the lap dances ;)

Also, it's supposed to be a money raiser for you, Naked chick = $$$ Lan party ='s bunch of broke geaks stinking up your crib (PJ, Unfo, Spawn) :down:

get the girls

Mad Fox
05-19-2005, 06:58 PM
If i was getting married i would like it

Dan2
05-19-2005, 07:17 PM
Quoting the movie Bachelor Party with Tom Hanks:
"Let's have a bachelor party with chicks and guns and fire trucks and hookers and drugs and booze!"

Bob- I think you can find a middle ground between that and your idea.:thumbs:

PJ'l_Master
05-19-2005, 07:18 PM
"Let's have a bachelor party with chicks and guns and fire trucks and hookers and drugs and booze!"

:rofl:

sounds like rockin good fun

BobtheCkroach
05-19-2005, 07:19 PM
Man, after a few years (ok, I was lying, months, maybe weeks) of marriage, you'll be damn pissed at yourself for not having the strippers of the lap dances ;)

Also, it's supposed to be a money raiser for you, Naked chick = $$$ Lan party ='s bunch of broke geaks stinking up your crib (PJ, Unfo, Spawn) :down:

get the girls

I don't know Unfo and Spawn...and they're from like a bajillion miles away (aka, the UP [I think?])

As for the drinking (in ref to Term) and the ladies (in ref to Term and Pure), you're not gonna move me. To each his own, and I have no disrespect for how you go about your stuff, but I personally find both to be against my personal morals, so they're kinda not gonna happen...especially the alcohol - had a friend pass away in high school b/c of alcohol, know a friend that was raped b/c she passed out when she was drunk...I've never seen alcohol do anything but cause problems.

I know, I know...I'm boring... :P

BobtheCkroach
05-19-2005, 07:21 PM

ROFL!

Pure_Evil
05-19-2005, 07:24 PM

If I EVER am foolish enough to get married again, Dan2's my new best man :D

*of course, that's if I survive the beating coming from my last "best man, Moqarna gives me for being so stupid for trying that again*

can I live on 25% of what I have? :rolleyes:

SALvation
05-19-2005, 07:35 PM
As for strippers at a bachelor party, I would say the ones I've been to are 50/50. I didn't have them at mine, but then again, I only remember about the first 60 minutes of mine.

PJ'l_Master
05-19-2005, 07:49 PM
hehe...you can just call bob churchy laroo

PJ'l_Master
05-19-2005, 08:04 PM
What could go wrong passed out amongst a bunch of friends?...lol
NOTHING.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/pjlmaster/shifty.gif..nothing at all...http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/pjlmaster/shifty.gif

BobtheCkroach
05-19-2005, 08:16 PM
hehe...you can just call bob churchy laroo

Hey! You just shut up! I don't have to take that from you! Next time I see you I'm gonna kick your ....behind. :P

JIMINATOR
05-19-2005, 08:18 PM
What could go wrong passed out amongst a bunch of friends?...lol
teabag time! :thumbs:

Goober
05-19-2005, 08:21 PM
All I remember from my Bachelor party is how bad my hangover was the next day. So I'm with Bob on this one. Have the Lan party, because it's probably the last time you can play that many consecutive hours of gaming. Wifeys get a little upset when you spend more time with your comp than you do with them.

PJ'l_Master
05-19-2005, 08:28 PM
All I remember from my Bachelor party is how bad my hangover was the next day. So I'm with Bob on this one. Have the Lan party, because it's probably the last time you can play that many consecutive hours of gaming. Wifeys get a little upset when you spend more time with your comp than you do with them.

oh man...when me and my gf decide to get married...there are gonna be some probs then...but ill just have to give up my computer *sad face*

<---waits for Pure's response/rebuttal(sp.)

Alexis SC430
05-20-2005, 01:47 AM
Dude... don't... please... I mean, my God... :loser:

Die Hard
05-20-2005, 08:43 AM
Forget the LAN, forget the Strippers. All you need for the best bachelor party is Sheep....:D

Goober
05-20-2005, 10:12 AM
Forget the LAN, forget the Strippers. All you need for the best bachelor party is Sheep....:D
:rofl: Word! Sometimes you have to get them drunk first! (the sheep I mean)

Black Rose
05-20-2005, 10:24 AM
oh man...when me and my gf decide to get married...there are gonna be some probs then...but ill just have to give up my computer *sad face*

<---waits for Pure's response/rebuttal(sp.)
Solution: donīt marry... stay single.. enjoy your life :D ..
.... best you can do :wave:

He Is Legend
05-20-2005, 10:33 AM
Strippers all the way

Pure_Evil
05-20-2005, 02:02 PM
Solution: donīt marry... stay single.. enjoy your life :D ..
.... best you can do :wave:
she's the best :D

Trust me, she knows what she's talking about!

:wave: Rosie, thanks again ;)

Slice
05-20-2005, 02:56 PM
Seems like you have already made up your mind before posting this, why bother with a pole.

Free Styler
05-20-2005, 03:05 PM
Imo it is the first step into getting a divorce.

Imagine your girlfriend ...sorry future wife telling her friends (female)friends that is...how her husband had a century party with a bunch of geeks playing video games.

It may seem like a good idea for MEN but please god dont do it man.

I mean imagine when your playing at home in the future....

And youl get the comment honey come watch a movie with me.Then youl say sorry im playing a intence game ill be right there.

She says ahhh i see the games are more intence then me.
You say no thats not it.

She says its like our marrige you still had to go play your stupid games bla bla bla bla.

then youl say no i wanted to try something different for a bachelors party.

Shel say ya like im always boring and the same.

Youl say noooo.and the misery begins there.

Tho if you have strippers and get drunk.

If ever she talks about your gamming addiction.

Just say your right i should go to a strip club with my buddies.

i think then youl play as much as you want without any interruptions.:)

Always think ahead my friend.

SALvation
05-20-2005, 03:14 PM
Haha. Nice FS.

How about a paintball bachelor party? I went to one of those and it was nice fragging Psi in real life.

BobtheCkroach
05-20-2005, 03:19 PM
Seems like you have already made up your mind before posting this, why bother with a pole.

Well, I was hoping that I would get a much more positive voting and have this to wave in people's faces when they started telling me it was a bad idea - I have a whole list of people that agree that it's a good idea. But oh well - I'll just go with "I don't care if you think i'm weird. God knows I'm not trying to please you. I'm a freak, get used to it - I have." instead - LOL

unforgiven
05-20-2005, 03:49 PM
ROFL PJ funny **** man suprised pure hasn't said anything yet. BOb we dont live in the up man are u nuts!!! i wouldn't live thur. we live like 3 and a half hours from u..ur near grand rapids correct? were on the other side of the state and up a little bit

unforgiven
05-20-2005, 03:52 PM
\ akjdfhalkdfhlkajsdfhkl

PJ'l_Master
05-20-2005, 03:58 PM
we could have a paintball LAN...

FUS1ON
05-20-2005, 04:18 PM
The best idea is to invite the strippers to the LAN and have them play Strip-FPS. The rules are, well there is only one rule: You die, you lose a piece of clothing and since you guys have the skills and strippers don't ...

And don't forget to take pictures of them! :D

PJ'l_Master
05-20-2005, 04:41 PM
The best idea is to invite the strippers to the LAN and have them play Strip-FPS. The rules are, well there is only one rule: You die, you lose a piece of clothing and since you guys have the skills and strippers don't ...

And don't forget to take pictures of them! :D

OMG!!!

its the best of both worlds =D

JIMINATOR
05-20-2005, 04:42 PM
The best idea is to invite the strippers to the LAN and have them play Strip-FPS.

yeah, and be sure to get some female strippers also for PJ and the other guys.... :thumbs:

:P

PJ'l_Master
05-20-2005, 04:46 PM
yeah, and be sure to get some female strippers also for PJ and the other guys.... :thumbs:

:P

hahahahaha

GOOD ONE JIM

:thumbs:

BobtheCkroach
05-20-2005, 05:37 PM
ROFL PJ funny **** man suprised pure hasn't said anything yet. BOb we dont live in the up man are u nuts!!! i wouldn't live thur. we live like 3 and a half hours from u..ur near grand rapids correct? were on the other side of the state and up a little bit

Oh...I didn't realize that...still in a part of the state that I've never ventured...

Sorry - West Side for me! (and Topinabee at least once a year to going fishing in the fish-less lake...) hmmm...there's no good way to type that you're talking like a gansta...hmmm...."West Syde!"...nope...

Gosh I'm an idiot.

BobtheCkroach
05-20-2005, 05:48 PM
Edit: oh yeah...i voted for the last one just cuz its the most correct about you

You suck so bad - you know that. You just got yourself uninvited from the LAN/bachelor party! :P

BobtheCkroach
05-20-2005, 05:50 PM

Thank you, Goober!

Thundarr
05-21-2005, 02:17 AM
Hey, um, I'm going to voice my opinion even tho I am not one of the guys... LAN party is what you want, it's what you'll enjoy and miss most, I say go for that. I mean seriously, if you were a drinking, partying kind of guy, it would be different, but you will not be missing the barhopping stuff, you will be missing the puter gaming, isn't that what it's all about??? :confused:

PJ'l_Master
05-21-2005, 10:54 PM
Hey, um, I'm going to voice my opinion even tho I am not one of the guys... LAN party is what you want, it's what you'll enjoy and miss most, I say go for that. I mean seriously, if you were a drinking, partying kind of guy, it would be different, but you will not be missing the barhopping stuff, you will be missing the puter gaming, isn't that what it's all about??? :confused:

*Bows before the glory that is Thundarr*

may all women be like you =P

(with the video games that is)

Thundarr
05-23-2005, 06:44 AM
*Bows before the glory that is Thundarr*

may all women be like you =P

(with the video games that is)

:thumbs: