PDA

View Full Version : Nurburgring Practice

::: DARK PSI :::
05-31-2005, 02:26 PM
1 hour in - 4 hours left of regulation practice.

My thoughts..

I LOVE THIS CIRCUIT!

It feels good to be back on a fast race track with varied speed turns and chicanes. So far I have been putting times out in the low 1:30s.

This may be one of my favorite tracks of the season. :thumbs:

Die Hard
06-01-2005, 11:56 AM
Have you been on the Spa circuit yet? Surely the best...

06-01-2005, 03:47 PM
Not yet. Coming up though

06-02-2005, 01:14 AM
Ok I practiced about 1 hour today and am going to practice with Sal tonight for probably another hour. This will put me at around 3 hours so far for practice. I have about 2 more to go before I am shut out. So I think I will save them for the weekend. :confused:

Either way, so far I am totally kicking butt on this track. I am curious what you guys think. It just seems like every corner is tailor made for my car. I feel SOOO relaxed and confident going around this circuit. Combined with my car, this circuit is a DREAM to drive!! :woohoo:

So far my best time with 3-4 laps of fuel is a 1:31.238. I honestly feel I could race right now. :cool:

Perhaps I am just so free and relaxed because we just got off of Monaco. IT FEELS GOOD TO HAVE FAST CORNERS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Its going to be tough not to play this track nonstop this week. It is so much fun.

Duce
06-02-2005, 03:14 AM
I do not know how you do it PSI but after 45mins I cannot crack the 1:36's and it seems like I have fairly reasonable laps in. I believe that my set-up is not that bad and I drive the hell out of the car. Now maybe a better setup will give me another couple of seconds but there is no way that I can compete. Good driving!

06-02-2005, 03:38 AM
45 minutes? Hell I was the same way after 1 hour. I took me a good 1-2 hours to finally get everything the way i wanted it. The first hour i was doing 1:34s and 1:35s so you are not off AT ALL. Keep up the practice. Remember I am now 3 hours into practice and have a great setup (at least so I think). I will post my setup in the next message following this one.

I am also getting those times racing with 2-4 laps of fuel.. so I am very light.

I do not know how you do it PSI but after 45mins I cannot crack the 1:36's and it seems like I have fairly reasonable laps in. I believe that my set-up is not that bad and I drive the hell out of the car. Now maybe a better setup will give me another couple of seconds but there is no way that I can compete. Good driving!

06-02-2005, 03:42 AM
Here is my setup file. The biggest change I always do is lower the wings. I am getting very used to under and over steer. I use a combination of a slide and downshifting to take my turns very fast. It works for Alonso and it seems to be working for me. It did not work well in Monaco though. I kept hitting the wall! :D

Here is my setup file.... Just unzip the file and put it with the rest of your setups for Europe.

06-02-2005, 03:46 AM
Remember to adjust your tire pressure and camber since they are setup for my driving habits. You will need to alter them to fit your car and driving style.

F1nut
06-03-2005, 01:57 AM
Ok my first hour of fun is over :down: I manage to get some time today 50-55 min and my best time was 1.34.89 :bawling: but the best thing is that I learned the course :ha: and I’m going to start working on my setup. :wave:

SALvation
06-03-2005, 04:52 AM
What directory do you put the car setup files? I couldn't find it.

Homer.F1
06-03-2005, 05:10 PM
C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\F1 Challenge 99-02\Save\Race Pace\Settings

Race Pace is my driver name so yours is probably SALvation. Then choose the apropriate circuit.:thumbs:

06-05-2005, 02:06 AM
About 30 minutes of practice today, played the computer in a race of 15 laps.

Qual time was a blistering 1:30.560!!!! This is my all time fastest so far for this track. :cool:

I maintained a 1:32-1:33 with race fuel. Not so bad. I want to be consistant in the 1:32s for race day but I don't have enough time left to practice. So I will settle for this and shoot for P1 in qualifying. :thumbs:

30 minutes only left of practice time. I will save this for Monday night. :bawling:

06-05-2005, 02:07 AM
Salvation.. why so quiet.. tell the boys how you did yesterday. Don't be shy! :D :D

SALvation
06-05-2005, 02:41 AM
I don't wanna jinx myself. :)