PDA

View Full Version : starwars #3

JIMINATOR
05-31-2005, 03:45 PM
I finally saw this over the weekend. the story was about as expected. What really struck me though was the space battles with all the whooshing sounds, laser fire sounds, explosion sounds, etc. Add to it all the aerodynamic flight maneuvers of the various space craft. I suppose that this is all to be expected since Hollywood caters to the lowest common denominator, but like come on. This is space. There is no air. There is no "push" for aerodynamic maneuvers.... Ships should be tilting first to aim the thrusters in the desired direction and then moving that way....

Free Styler
05-31-2005, 04:59 PM
I think your making a reference to "appolo 13".

BobtheCkroach
05-31-2005, 05:12 PM
Quit ruining my childhood!!!

Also...did this not strike you in any of the other 5 movies?

JIMINATOR
05-31-2005, 05:29 PM
the previous two sucked so badly that the rest was not worth mentioning. And you mean to say that they had sounds and aerodynamics in space in the first three? I flat out don't remember, the movies must have been so good to where that type of stuff went unnoticed... :thumbs: (although I did grow tired of the blow up "one" major thing to take out everything else....)

BobtheCkroach
05-31-2005, 05:38 PM
the previous two sucked so badly that the rest was not worth mentioning. And you mean to say that they had sounds and aerodynamics in space in the first three? I flat out don't remember, the movies must have been so good to where that type of stuff went unnoticed... :thumbs: (although I did grow tired of the blow up "one" major thing to take out everything else....)

I guess I just ignore science all together when I watch Star Wars. I mean, in the midst of the aliens, lightsabers,blasters, and whatnot, I guess "realism" isn't something I really care about, so the whole "noise and aerodynamics in space" thing doesn't mean much to me. I guess if I was watching some realistic movie, and something was weird, i'd care, but not with Star Wars.

I promise, though, next time someone defies gravity in a John Grisham or something, I'll get mad. :)

And for the record, I personally enjoyed #2 - call me weird.

Either way, I think we'll both agree that all 3 of the new ones got their butts handed to them by Kung Fu Hustle! :thumbs:

JIMINATOR
05-31-2005, 06:10 PM
Either way, I think we'll both agree that all 3 of the new ones got their butts handed to them by Kung Fu Hustle! :thumbs:

oh, and on that topic.....

:D :D :D

:thumbs:

Caged Anger
05-31-2005, 08:48 PM
someone seems a little...anti-starwars?

TheMaster
06-01-2005, 12:47 AM
Well I am very much pro-Star Wars. I really enjoyed watching all the movies. And I have episodes I, IV, V, and VI on VHS, and episode II on DVD. Saw Episode III over the weekend.

Anyone who did not go see Revenge of the Sith yet, better hurry up. Will be out on video in about six months. :thumbs:

Slice
06-01-2005, 12:54 AM
I finally saw this over the weekend. the story was about as expected. What really struck me though was the space battles with all the whooshing sounds, laser fire sounds, explosion sounds, etc. Add to it all the aerodynamic flight maneuvers of the various space craft. I suppose that this is all to be expected since Hollywood caters to the lowest common denominator, but like come on. This is space. There is no air. There is no "push" for aerodynamic maneuvers.... Ships should be tilting first to aim the thrusters in the desired direction and then moving that way....
Seek Help.

Dangerous Dan
06-01-2005, 01:35 AM
Seek Help.
Post. Of. The. Day.

Pure_Evil
06-01-2005, 10:07 AM
- call me weird

You are WEIRD!!! :thumbs:

couldn't let it slide ;)

I think he's a phreak too :rolleyes:

BobtheCkroach
06-01-2005, 03:22 PM
You are WEIRD!!! :thumbs:

couldn't let it slide ;)

I think he's a phreak too :rolleyes:

LOL - you never cease to take the easy slam, eh Pure? LOL...I gotta remember to stop leaving myself wide open for that. :D

Pure_Evil
06-01-2005, 04:01 PM
leaving myself wide open for that. :D
http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/zensiert/thorsten_rammler.gif

:dunno: some will never learn :rolleyes:

BobtheCkroach
06-01-2005, 04:48 PM
http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/zensiert/thorsten_rammler.gif

:dunno: some will never learn :rolleyes:

Sigh...I hate you.

MR. SLiK
06-03-2005, 12:34 AM