PDA

View Full Version : Europe Commentary

::: DARK PSI :::
06-08-2005, 05:54 PM
So yet another race complete. This season is going fast. Anyway, last night's race was definetely not as I expected. I was extremely confident that I would take poll for the race, but F1 Nut and Homer F1 had something to say about that. I thought my 1:31.xxx was fast but then F1 Nut pulled off an extremely fast lap of 1:29.5xx. That guaranteed him poll and the lap record for the circuit.

When the race started, I was in P3. Everyone took the first turn very well without incident. On the second turn Homer F1 went a little wide allowing me to overtake him and sit in 2nd following very close on F1 Nut's rear fin. About half way through the first lap I attempted to pass F1 Nut on the inside and instead brushed his rear fin causing him to spin out. Knowing I was in error I pulled my car off to the side and let the other drivers pass. I was going to wait a little longer for F1 Nut but he appeared not to be moving fast enough so I decided to go on. By this time Homer F1 and the pack was about 7 seconds ahead. I had some work to do. Eventually I got enough speed and pushed out some VERY fast laps to catch up to the race leader Homer F1. After about 2-3 laps I found an overtaking turn and assumed race lead. From then on out, I kept the distance from Homer F1 while increasing my lead about .5 - 1 seconds almost every lap. Thankfully this gave me plenty of breathing room to seal the checkered flag and take home my third win of the season and place me on top of the points.

My car performed magnificantly last night. My setup allowed me to be very fast and stable in the turns. My tyres also were able to last a full 12 laps before wearing to a blistered state. All in all I was very pleased with the setup and performance of the car.

My race strategy was a 2 stopper:

12 Laps initial fuel
10 First Stop
7 Last Stop

BRING ON MONTREAL! The real race and ours!

SALvation
06-08-2005, 06:10 PM
I thought it was going to be another very long race for me as I was hit twice in the first three laps which caused me to be in last by about a dozen seconds. Luckily the battle for third forced the 3rd and 4th place cars to slow down just a bit and I was able to catch up by lap 10.

After a technical failure by the fourth place car and a spinout by the third place car, I was able to maintain third place for the last 18 or so laps and finished comfortably in third by about 20 seconds.

Now that I have my setups figured out I should be able to be competitive for the rest of the season. Looking forward to Canada.

Die Hard
06-08-2005, 08:39 PM
Well done Psi. Soo jealous........

Homer.F1
06-09-2005, 08:01 PM
The title kind of sums it up for me. I have no clue why I had no race pace whatsoever. Three hours earlier while practicing I was pulling 1:30.9's with full race fuel (10laps) and my qualy pace was 1:29.5's. However when I joined the game I had no pace my best beeing 31:1 for qualifying :down: Horrible. Thats how the rest of the race went as well. After a decent start I kept my 2nd position even though I got a little bump through the first corner which put me wide for the second corner and gave Dark the room he needed to overatake me. Couple of corners later I thought my luck was about to change as I saw Dark swipe F1.nut out the way and I got the race lead. Not for long though as I was only able to lap in the high 33's (brutal).:bawling: I had 12 sec up on Marrello and then he got taken by Dark who put the hamer down and was right behind me in a couple of laps. I managed to hold him off for about 3 or 4 laps but he definetely had more pace then me and I had no answer. He managed to pass me in turn 4 and was gone. From then on I was pleased with second place and was watching the gap to third ( 20 sec). That's how it ended. I was pretty disapointed since I don't know where all my practice pace went. CRAZY.

Well looking forward to kicking your asses in Canada since it will be my HOME race.:thumbs: There is no Romanian grand prix yet. When I'll be sixty maybe we'll race on my home soil.:eek: