PDA

View Full Version : inf template

Grimmy
06-16-2005, 03:28 AM
Well I am making my first tank toon, and inf.

I am auto training him, and currently lvl 18 (hope 20 by the end of the night)

I am looking for a spec for Thid, as well as a final spec once 50, if I like it, will take him all the way.

Also what to put into a template for a Thid toon. My SCing is high enough for Thid, and maybe next BG, enough to get me around and a going. Should I put some gems with a plus to stealth in my armor, being becuase I am auto training?

I chose slash as well.

Maybe a quickbar setup would be helpful and a little about how to play one :)

Thanks for your time.

Grimmy
06-16-2005, 05:24 AM
Thanks Term. Going to work on this tomorrow. Been talking with some peeps on TS, and becuase I am auto training him, I won't be able to really do anything in Thid, my stealth is only 5 and I am lvl 21. :(

So tomorrow I am going to make a /lvl 20 inf to play around in thid and see how I like it before lvling the other all the way up.

Is that extra gear that you have Term? Might have to have ya make me some lvl 25 gear to play around in thid. Quality doesn't matter, better then being naked hehe

Squirlie
06-22-2005, 07:53 PM
I have access to two infs, and have played 1 extensivly and the other just a little bit. With lots of time as a Nightshade too. Here is what I suggest.

End game. Go thrust instead of slash. I have Manthis and Nightstalkker one is slash and the other is Thrust. Dragonfang is still the best bet you will have as a high level inf. And other stealthers are resistant to slash and vulnerable to thrust. I have tried different specs from 50 thrust to 50 slash to 50 CS.

Things to think about.

Cloth = Vuln to slash
Leather = Vuln to thrust
Chain = Vuln to blunts (doesnt matter cause you cant use them, Nightshades uesed to be able to use Staffs in thier two hand slot. I would PA all chain wearers with the staff and switch to the other weapons after the PA)

Spec your inf to the style that you plan to play.

In thid I Went with Low stealth (I Was autotrained like you) but I made up for that low stealth with +5 from gear, and higher weapon damage. I capped too soon on that toon. Envenom in thid does a lot of damage.

End of game spec suggestion.

50 thrust for DF and other stealther vuln(it makes a HUGE difference)
37 envenom for Lifebane at RR3, respec this to 35 at RR5
36/37 stealth
39 CS for the third chain in the PA chain
rest DW, the higher the better.

RAs - MoS 2 or 3 dont go higher as an assasin class
Purge2 - Very important to get ride of dots and stuns
Vanish 1 - Some dont get this, but it is a must for keep camping to get guards off you, and is wonderful for getting away from non-stealthers.

High RR RAs.
Some swear by some of the use RAs. While it is nice to have your poison hit for double damage, NightShades over RR5 will just use remedy and it is useless at that point. I am more of a passives type person.

Aug Dex, Con, Str, Toughness will all help you in the long run and are always up. hope this helps a little.

ML path
100% take the assasin only ML Spymaster. poison spike is your freind!!!

The key is to play /level in thid until you get the hang of the stealth game. It is VERY different from the vissy game. Learn to reapply poison to your weapons and to switch weapons in middle of fights without loosing an attack. Have multiple weapons with different poisons on them and who to use what poisons on.

Druids should ALWAYs have a disease put on them or they will own u hard.
Tanks need a STR/Con Debuff so they hit softer things like that.
I like to hit people with STR/COn, Dot, and switch to a diseas wich snares, str debuffs a little and makes heals work less on them. I always have some real snare poisons handy too since people like to run away when you get PA off.