PDA

View Full Version : Montreal-Canada Practice

Homer.F1
06-16-2005, 04:39 PM
Well I finally recovered from our little grand prix trip .. WHAT A BLAST!!!:thumbs: I managed to do 2hrs of practice last night. My best was a 1:14.256 with qualy fuel and I managed low 15's for race pace. This track seems preety straight forward except for the first sector and begining of the second. I find thats where I'm losing or gaining time the most. I'm using the 2004RH setup with a few modifications to the wings and tire settings. Good luck to everyone for tuesday.

SALvation
06-16-2005, 04:54 PM
For me the hard part about this course is that there is grass between the track and the wall. The tracks I've raced on so far have either been wide open or all concrete and walls. So now when I try to ride the wall around a corner, I end up on the grass and spin or slow down. Also what's weird to me is that the markers are up on the wall instead of on signs next to the road. I'm sure I'll get used to it after more practice. After maybe an hour I'm at 1:17s.

F1nut
06-16-2005, 05:57 PM
I spend about 1.5 h with this track and best I can do with cual fuel is 1.16.5+ :bawling: . Race pace is 1.17.+ last corner seams to eat all of my time .My highest speed is 333 at the end of strait.??? :down:

::: DARK PSI :::
06-16-2005, 07:02 PM
Ok, I have put in about 2.5 hours now. So far here is what I am capable of:

Race pace is around high 1:14s to low 1:15s. :)

Fastest lap in qualy is 1:14.1xx :cool:

My fastest time on the straights is ~325 :confused:

I use the default RH 2004 setup with minor adjustments to the wings.. I think they are around 32 front / 34 rear

I lose most of my time in the first corner right next to the pit exit and also on the last chicane. I know I can easily put out 1:13's if I can figure out a way to take them in a higher gear and much faster.

I am feeling very confident for this race. 4th win coming? We shall see.

06-17-2005, 03:30 AM
30 minutes more of practice tonight saw me putting out lousy lap times for most of my session. I started out doing best at 1:14.9xx. However at the end of the session I pulled out my fastest time yet with a 1:13.781. The best part is that I did it with 6 laps of race fuel! :cool:

I believe I am pretty consistent for Tuesday, given that I only have 1 hour left of regulation time, I will have to be content with what I am doing.

Make sure you guys download all the new files for the race.

Click this link to get them..

http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/showthread.php?t=71061

Also remember that we are officially starting our new time rules for this race. When the server goes up at 9PM you have exactly 20 minutes to do your practice runs.

SALvation
06-17-2005, 03:34 AM
I can't make a 9pm start time on Tuesdays. The absolute earliest is 9:30 for me.

06-17-2005, 03:38 AM
U = Screwed

We will need to talk.

SALvation
06-17-2005, 04:45 AM
What was wrong with the way all the previous races were done?

06-17-2005, 01:33 PM
Nothing really is changing. The rest of guys just dont want games to go into midnight again with us screwing around in practice for 1 hour+.

Is this because Tuesdays are bad for you? Would 9PM work better on Sunday again?

SALvation
06-17-2005, 02:42 PM
It all depends on my wife's weeknight work schedule and what babysitting arrangement we have for that day. When we first started talking about changing the race day, I mentioned here that I could only make weeknight races if the time didn't change.

http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/showthread.php?t=70728

If I'm the only one out of us that can't make the day/time, don't change it on just my account. I'll just make the races I can.

Homer.F1
06-17-2005, 03:51 PM
Don't change the time. Push it back ten minutes so Sal can join at 9:30 and we start qualifying at 9:40. I'm sure ten minutes won't kill anyone. Or if its OK with Sal he can skip qualy and just join the race start at 9:45 last on the grid.