PDA

View Full Version : CANADA Commentary

::: DARK PSI :::
06-22-2005, 02:48 PM
Great race from everyone in Montreal. :thumbs:

Qualifying did not leave me in a position I wanted. Again, like in Nurburgring, I started from 3rd on the grid. Not sure why my qualifying times are lacking. No matter though since I performed probably my best start of the season. Homer F1 had a very slow start that saw me speeding past him right as the lights went out. He held up the rest of the field for enough time time to let me get ahead without any incident of a crash. After that, Homer F1 pretty much held strong for half the race only a few seconds off my tail. We swapped fast lap times for a good amount of the first half of the race. Thankfully, I held stable and did not make any mistakes which easily could have allowed him to overtake me.

We both pitted the same time after lap 12 and then the race changed a bit. I seemed to pull ahead a few seconds after my pit stop which gave me enough breathing room to pull out some very fast laps and increase my lead to around 8-9 seconds. My second pit stop was 2 laps past Homer's 2nd pit stop which gave me 2 laps to put out some very fast times in which I pulled 2 laps in the 1:13's. From then on I maintained a 10 second lead until Homer had a very bad rollover accident. I am still amazed after watching the replay that he did not lose a single wheel or fin. Just a bent back fin. Very lucky a DNF did not happen. Very wicked accident.

Homer's accident gave me a huge break and a lead now of 34 seconds. However, once again I goofed up my pit stop strategy and only put in enough fuel for 33 laps of the race. Since the race was 35 laps, I had to pull a 3rd pit stop. By the time I refueled, Homer came back up to me with only 8 seconds behind. Luckily I had only 2 more laps left and was able to comfortably take home my 4th win of the season!! :cool:

My Strategy:

Inital Fuel - 12 laps
1st Pit Stop - 14 laps
Final Pit Stop - 7 laps (OOPS!)
Extra Pit Stop - 2 laps :mad: (I gotta pay more attention)

BRING ON INDY!!!!!!!! MY HOME RACE!

Start practicing boys, Indy is (was) one of my most practiced circuits.

Die Hard
06-22-2005, 02:52 PM
Damn Dark. You are going to take some beating. Well done on another great (well almost) race :thumbs:

When are we going to do some practicing??

SALvation
06-22-2005, 03:19 PM
I had a fun race also. I posted by best qualifying of the season by getting second on the grid. Of course, since my starts suck, I fell back to about 4th right away and at that point decided to stay behind and race carefully instead of trying to pass right from turn 1. My decision paid off, as the 3rd and 4th place cars got tangles up and I was able to overtake 3rd.

From then on it was a pretty boring race for me. I maintained about a 4-5 second lead ahead of F1.Nut for about 30 laps, but was behind HomerF1 by about 30 seconds so I rarely even saw another car.

I did get a little worried as it seems my pit stops were slow. After my second pit on lap 24, F1.Nut pulled within 1 second of me, but I had a great car in the turns and stretched it out to 2 seconds after just a couple of turns. He then had a mishap and I ended up ahead by a comfy dozen seconds. All in all I had fun and was happy with my second straight podium to pull me out of the cellar in the standings.

Die Hard
06-22-2005, 03:43 PM
Well done Sal, you're definitely getting there. :thumbs:

SALvation
06-22-2005, 04:57 PM
Hey DH, what time is good for you for practicing? Maybe on the weekend we can work out a practice time.

F1nut
06-24-2005, 03:20 AM
There is not much to say about this race except that i’m an idiot :thumbs: I had the wrong track file and I was racing a different line witch slowed me down 1.5-2s a lap. :bawling: The start was ok but I touch HomerF1 in the first corner and I spun on the grass collecting Duce in the process. From there I tried to catch Salvation witch was 15 s ahead. By my second and last pit I managed to catch SAL and I was hoping he will make a mistake but I was the one who made :mad: it and that was that game over :down: .Good race SAL :thumbs: I could make no ground on you ,nice going. U guys be ready for next race i'm mad naw :mad:

Die Hard
06-24-2005, 08:08 AM
Hey DH, what time is good for you for practicing? Maybe on the weekend we can work out a practice time.I'm 5 hours ahead of you if you are on EST. I can play anytime Saturday afternoon or evening. You will need to tell me where to go and how to get there because I'm green :)