PDA

View Full Version : UNITED STATES Commentary

::: DARK PSI :::
06-29-2005, 02:34 PM
Well my tyres lasted ok in turn 13. I wasn't a sissy and decided to go out. At least our virtual fans got to see a good race. :D

What can I say about this race. It was very boring in my opinion. The USGP doesn't really offer any real challenges or excitement. I had a great qualifying time that put me in Pole to start the race which pretty much allowed me to keep a fast pace without any obstruction. I was a bit worried at the start however when Homer F1 tried to overtake me in turn 1 and gave me a bit of a bump. That little bump pushed him aside and right into F1 Nut's path where the two of them collided. Not a huge accident but enough to give me at least 2 seconds lead.

I maintained the lead pretty much throughout the race except during the times I needed to pit. I was very fast at the start because I decided to start the race with low race fuel, just so I could get ahead of the pack. It seemed to pay off with high merits.

F1 Nut and Homer F1 kept up a great fight throughout the race eating away at my lead everytime I hit the oval. My setup allowed me to be VERY FAST in the corners but only gave me a top speed of 320. This allowed F1 Nut and Homer to make up time when I hit the straight. Nonetheless my strategy paid off and I took home the checkered flag and my 5th win of the season!! :thumbs:

My Pit Strategy:

Initial: 9 Laps
1st Pit: 15 Laps
2nd Pit: 12 Laps

Alonso would be proud.. I am keeping up with him in the standings! :D

Homer.F1
06-30-2005, 04:29 PM
:down: That about sums up my race. I am now the official idiot of the bunch after that bonehead start and slide into turn one. After F1.nut hit me my car must have lost some aero parts and I was only able to have good pace after the first pit stop. I was behind F1.nut most of the race and I thought I had a good go at him after the second stop but when I got into the pits my car misteriously hit the pit wall and spun me puting me back 10sec in the process. That was it. Settled for third and kicked myself in the ass for blowing yet another race and giving Dark PSI more charity points. :bawling: