PDA

View Full Version : inf spec

Grimmy
07-14-2005, 05:46 AM
Just wondering some different specs to spec my inf. He's almost 48 (just dinged 47 tonight wewt!) He's a briton toon. I planned on going slash.

Thanks for your time :cool:

V98ci
07-14-2005, 03:31 PM
Ozzy had some luck with a slash infil. Eric was slash but just respecced to thrust.

Squirlie
07-14-2005, 04:47 PM
Here is the pro's and con's of slash and thrust.

Slash Pros:
Malice, Battler: Two of the best /use2 out there in the game. Great damage against cloth wearers.

Slash Cons:
No style version of stun except CD which is getting harder and harder to land as people find ways to lag out of range, or side step, or just plain see you before you get PA off. Hib leather types are resistant to slash so u end up having to switch to a heater or something

Thrust Pros:
Dragonfang: 5 second stun off evade. can save your butte.
All leather is vuln to thrust. Golden Spear is nice for leaching kills (not kill spam) but kill credit for finishing personal/group missions

Thrust Cons
Must have 50 in thrust to get DF. Thats a lot of spent points
No malice. Well unless you do like me and activate malice and leave it in slot 2 just for the /use2

I personally like the 50 thrust better. Dragonfang and not having to use heaters to hit a vuln is REALLY nice., But of course I live in a dream world where I never get owned.

Grimmy
07-16-2005, 04:28 PM
Been talking with some peeps about different specs and I am sure that I am going to go thrust, atleast till I get some RR behind me and then probably respec to slash.

What points should I put in to the different specs, 50 thrust I know, but what about that other things?

Also, what are must have arties for an inf?

Yetti
07-19-2005, 09:12 AM
There really aren't any must-have arties for an inf. Just keep in mind your ToA stats that you're dying to get, things like GoLM, scalars, malice, battler, som have stats that can help achieve those.

Personally, I've been toying around a bit on a friend's infil on another server. We pimped it out hardcore dw/slash infil style, really digging the end-drain proc'ing duel slashers, end drain ml10 gear, end drain ring, SoM cloak and heal reactives. Pretty hardcore to chew up your opponent's endurance like that in a fight seeing how most are just high-damage style mashers, they don't pay attention to their endurance until its too late. The ablative and heal procs work nicely in conjunction keeping the infil alive while limiting the opponents ability to style. Finish up with malice/ml10 blade swapping during the fight. As long as your hits are fairly high, you can even circle strafe an opponent if you wind up in a 2v1, and still come out pretty clean.

There are public templates and open debates in the rogue forums of the VN's. May be benefitial to open a debate there with a few questions. GL!

Sophistic
07-19-2005, 07:05 PM
Here is the pro's and con's of slash and thrust.

Slash Pros:
Malice, Battler: Two of the best /use2 out there in the game. Great damage against cloth wearers.

Slash Cons:
No style version of stun except CD which is getting harder and harder to land as people find ways to lag out of range, or side step, or just plain see you before you get PA off. Hib leather types are resistant to slash so u end up having to switch to a heater or something

Thrust Pros:
Dragonfang: 5 second stun off evade. can save your butte.
All leather is vuln to thrust. Golden Spear is nice for leaching kills (not kill spam) but kill credit for finishing personal/group missions

Thrust Cons
Must have 50 in thrust to get DF. Thats a lot of spent points
No malice. Well unless you do like me and activate malice and leave it in slot 2 just for the /use2

I personally like the 50 thrust better. Dragonfang and not having to use heaters to hit a vuln is REALLY nice., But of course I live in a dream world where I never get owned.

http://www.camelot-seer.com/handler.cfm?app=resources/gameplay&method=WeaponEffectiveness

shows your wrong about you claimed armor weaknesses.

ALL Albs are neutral to Slash
ALL Hib are neutral to thrust
ALL Mids are neutral to Crush

Further more, ALL Cloth from ALL realms is neutral to all damage type melee & magic.

As for leather from albion we are weak vs. crush (not something any opposing stealther can spec) and resistant to thrust(something only hibs can spec as stealthers)

speccing thrust though Hunters and Shadowblades are both reistant to it!
however, slash they are both weak too...

hibs leather is resistant to slash and weak vs. crush

so thrust infs do better vs. hibs and slash infs do better vs. mids (Stealth only)

Either way is all about the style of play you choose i agree DF is well worth it till RR5 and at RR5 you should have enough RA's under your belt to go to slash spec and use battler/malice.

I have a SB that is totally pimped out battler malice GOV Ring of Dances SOM battler sleeves and all that great stuff in the end though GOV is low utility and is better replaced by Vest of Delusions at low realm ranks anyhow. I have a Ranger that is also completely tricked out and she doesn't do the items she has justice yet not until RR5 are they even worth getting usually.

I do know that regardless of spec though infs using heaters will own all stealthers cause they are the hardest hitting of all stealth classes in the game.

**edit**

spec numbers vary ALOT for many people for infs

Thrust - if you spec it it should be 50 no less for the last style

Slash - you can use at any level truthfully so long as your RR and suit bonuses make slash 51 at the end. so at RR5 you could have 36 slash +11 from suit and +4 from RR so 36+11+4=51

Critical strike is important if you plan to be that kind of infil (it's not an easy life) but a very deadly one for whomever you fight as long as you get the styles off. 21 we know is PA and the follow up to it is Creeping Death at 34 some would say that is enough because some of the time you're gonna miss CD anyhow with people lagging and screen draging and all together bad timing howevere at 39 you get stunning stab which is the 3rd link in the chain and if it lands game over i mean its massive combo damage. Most who go 50 thrust only go to 39 CS. people who go slash though go anywhere from 44 - 50 CS simply because they have more points to spend.

Envenom is a unique skill for assassin classes that works rather different then any other skill in the game. you can use any level of poison even if you're not specced complewtely to its level (meaning if you have 26 envenom +11 you can use level 37 poisons or lower unlike other skills the +11 in slash give you no more styles but in envenom it allows you access to stronger poisons.
*****important to know you must equip envenom on your weapon and you can swap out armor to do this to save room in your template so if you make 2 pieces to swap like gloves and boots with a total of +11 envemon you're set to use the maximum poison your bonuses allow, RR's do get included so if you're RR5 again 26+11+4=41 gives you access to lvl 41 poisons instead...
but poison is ONLY worth speccing if you use it..meaning if you forget to poison up all the time you're wasting points in it.

stealth works like envenom does your spec +suit+RR=total so you only need 50 total and as an inf no less will do if you plan on being a CS inf A merc style inf doesn't need to be unseen 100% so they can gimp stealth some but w/CS you must land your styles or forget to attack at all cause if you miss PA alot of the times you can lose.

DW it's a hard one to understand why to spec any in at all but trust me it's worth it. As an inf you're very lucky to have DW instead of the gimpy(now) Left Axe of the shadowblade. Shadowblades get a penalty for speccing and useing 2 weapons infs and Nightshades don't. No matter if you spec 1 or 50 in DW you get 100% damage on each weapon any time it hits. SB's however, just for holding 2 weapons the weapon is reduced to 50% normal damage since they both swing EVERY time, ours as infs don't swing everytime together. Sb's however do get 10% bonus to each weapon so it's really at 1 spec in LA 60% damage per weapon 120% damage total which in turn means they can hit you 20% harder then you can hit them in toe to toe melee with 2 weapons but they suffer in PA's since we can hit for almost 1000 at times but 60% of that is only 600 which is why we can hit them more as CS then they can hit us for a Perf. adding points in DW give you 2 things 1) more chance to swing with both weapons and 2) more styles to choose from. CS styles are better then most DW styles so most don't spec very high in DW unl;ess you go "mercfiltraior" and don't spec in CS at all or very little then you would use DW styles instead.

CS inf RR3 spec (with full auto train)
37 stealth
37 envenom
25 DW
39 CS
50 thrust
- or -
37 stealth
37 envenom
38 slash
35 DW
44 CS

Mercinf RR3 spec (with full auto train)
35 stealth
34 envenom
50 DW
50 thrust
nothing in CS
- or -
37 stealth
37 envenom
50 DW
38 slash
26 CS
(most use slash for mercfiltraitor since you get more spec points)

Yetti
07-22-2005, 07:23 AM
My stealther could beat up your stealther.

Sophistic
07-22-2005, 06:55 PM
which one?

my kobold SB or Norse one?
or maybe my Elf Ranger or my Lurikeen Nightshade?
probably my Highlander Minstrel for now and for sure my Saracen Infiltraitor...

:) :)

Aw screw it if I really wanna kill a stealther I'd just use my Vampiir anyhow!!!

Yetti
07-22-2005, 07:26 PM
Vamps aren't hard to beat when you know their weakness.

Sophistic
08-07-2005, 03:33 AM
Vamps aren't hard to beat when you know their weakness.

yea last time i looked my vamps weakness was getting zerged ftl..

lol

no i agree they are not nearly as bad as all the people say they are :p

Grimmy
08-07-2005, 05:05 PM
yea last time i looked my vamps weakness was getting zerged ftl..

lol

no i agree they are not nearly as bad as all the people say they are :p
yes they are, my vamp is ubar becuase it is the purple nerrple :ha: :devil:

Yetti
08-07-2005, 05:06 PM
really...