PDA

View Full Version : GERMANY - Commentary

::: DARK PSI :::
08-03-2005, 02:01 PM
What a race! This has to be our first race where we have actually fought to the bitter end. Everyone put out some EXTREMELY fast qualy laps with F1 Nut putting a 1:11.4, me a 1:11.8 and Homer with a 1:12.1. Oh and Sally got a 1:15 :D . All in all we were pretty matched up.

The start of the race was great, after the first lap or so I was able to overtake F1 Nut and take the lead of the race. Since I was on a 3 pit strategy, I knew I had to pull off some VERY fast laps, which I did in usual Dark Psi fashion. :D Before the first pit stop I was about 6-7 seconds over Homer who was in second at the moment. Homer pitted the same time as me, but NEARLY ran out of fuel in the pits and had to coast to his stop. When I got out I was right behind F1 Nut for about 3 laps. I knew he had to pit and I was faster. I stayed behind him and put tons of pressure on him. I did not need to pass him since he had his pit coming up. Unfortunately my pit crew did not notify me soon enough that F1 was pitting and he swerved fast into the pit lane coming out right in front of me. I collided with him and then spent a good 10-15 seconds just sitting idle waiting for him to go into the pits. (According to our rule you must wait if you hit the person).

After he pitted I managed to increase my lead to over 18 seconds before I had to take my final pitstop. I pitted but F1 Nut was able to pull out JUST in front of me with about a 2 second lead. Man it was sweet, just like in the real races!!!!! I put on extreme pressure for the last 7 laps of the race, following just inches from his rear fin. Most of the time I was sizing him up and learning his braking patterns and waiting for the perfect time to pass him. I tried a few times during the 7 laps, but it wasn't until the last lap where I went for it and passed him. Unfortunately luck was not with me and even though I reclaimed first place with a half a lap to go, I decided to look in my mirrors to see where he was. This claimed necessary braking time, which saw me oversteering a pivotal corner, where F1 Nut was able to overtake me. We ran close the rest of the way home, with only a hundredth of a second between us.

WHAT A RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good fight F1 NUT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs: I will gladly take 2nd place though! :D

My championship lead is now only 9 points above second. I will need to put out a few more checker flags to seal my 2005 championship. :cool:

Bring on Hungaroring!