PDA

View Full Version : Dark Psi's hope of a real F1 driving career..

::: DARK PSI :::
08-11-2005, 08:15 PM
Istanbul, Turkey is a new circuit for F1 on the 2005 calendar year. None of the drivers have yet to race on it, including my boys at Renault. Check out the exert from their interviews.. looks like Alonso is using video games to practice... you see there is actually hope for Dark Psi.. hell I am pretty good at F1 on the computer.. therefore I now deserve a seat on a F1 Team! :cool:

The Renault F1 Team’s two drivers have made the most of the summer break – and are now raring to go for the final stretch in the 2005 championship.

After spending time with their families – in Oviedo for Fernando, and on his boat in the Mediterranean for Fisico – the Renault F1 Team’s drivers have begun preparing for the Turkish GP. It will be a step into the unknown, so the big priority ahead of the event has been to get as much information as possible and to train hard ahead of the anticipated high temperatures.

Giancarlo has been learning about the circuit this week. “Initially, we look to understand the circuit’s major characteristics, which means you don’t have to physically go there,” he explains. “The team has given me a DVD with some laps in a road car so I can start to look at the corners, and the elevation changes. That is a good start.”

As for Fernando, he has been playing video games in preparation. “The new circuit is already in the Playstation game,” he revealed. “That means I have been able to do several laps – I did the same thing ahead of China last year, and it worked well. Of course, the problem is that you end up cutting the chicanes and overtaking in the grass… which doesn’t quite correspond to reality! But I already have a good idea of the way the corners go.”