PDA

View Full Version : one of those days

ME BIGGD01
02-06-2003, 12:33 AM
today absolutely suck ballzzzzz for me as i spent almost 10 hours at a clients office which i thought would only take me 1 1/2 hours to do. i had to network doctors office with the shiggiest software which i was unfamiliar with and could not get the damn thing to work because of bugs. i always get frustrated because i back tracked and ck'd my connections and work but the server software would only run on an 9x kernel. who the hell runs server software on that? i had to wait over an hour on the phone for there tech support to answer and they were as bad as the software and clueless that still couldnt get it to work with client machine. i wanted to just snap but remained cool. people walking into you and in ya way, others playing solitare on the system you walked away from for 10 minutes. uggggg it's days like this i wish i nevr got into this crap. (just ignore me as i rant)

Sirc
02-06-2003, 12:39 AM
Bummer BIGG. Drink a beer or three and then go frag somebody. :jammin:

It always helps me. :drink:

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
02-06-2003, 12:40 AM
:bandhead: :bandhead:

Grimmy
02-06-2003, 12:52 AM
Ouch, that sucks Bigg.

Stuff like that makes me a firm believer in wireless :thumbs:

Death-Dude
02-06-2003, 01:08 AM
That sucks big time. Were you upgrading them to NT or something? I mean, how is it this wasn't discovered before?
I did tech work for the Post Office for a while, they had similar problems, about 6 years behind in technology, and we'd get fixes out of HQ that were gauranteed to work, then another, then another, try this one. Gotta laugh just to keep from cryin'.

OUTLAWS Behind You?
02-06-2003, 01:56 AM
Well, that's UNIX for you...too many incompatible versions....hehehehe...have a beer. :drink:

Sirc
02-06-2003, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Behind You?@Feb 5 2003, 08:56 PM
Well, that's UNIX for you...too many incompatible versions....hehehehe...have a beer. :drink:
UNIX? :blink:

I thought BIGG was talking about a Windows machine. :WTF:

Dissectional
02-06-2003, 02:58 AM
I feel ya BIGG....I get to work every day in a Novell/NT/W2K environment, with most clients using Win9x and AS400 terminal emulation (iSeries Express) Gah.....

Every day is a nightmare.... :bawling:

OUTLAWS Behind You?
02-06-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Sirc+Feb 5 2003, 08:22 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OUTLAWS Sirc @ Feb 5 2003, 08:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--OUTLAWS Behind You?@Feb 5 2003, 08:56 PM
Well, that&#39;s UNIX for you...too many incompatible versions....hehehehe...have a beer. :drink:
UNIX? :blink:

I thought BIGG was talking about a Windows machine. :WTF: [/b][/quote]
I admit I am just guessing, but since he said:
but the server software would only run on an 9x kernel. I jumped to thinking UNIX. Now that 9x kernal, could mean Windows 98 or 95, but that wouldn&#39;t be my guess, not server material, you know. UNIX is very often expressed by it&#39;s kernal version, while Windows, even though it has such an animal, isn&#39;t usually expressed that way.