PDA

View Full Version : Hungary Commentary

Homer.F1
08-25-2005, 03:44 PM
:down: Again. Ran out of fuel on lap 9 even though I was scheduled to pit on lap 10. I wasn't doing to bad until then being only 3 sec behind the pack. I could have passed Dark on the start but was too conservative going into turn 1 not wanting to cause an incident and let him through. After that I was falling back slowly about .3 sec per lap which wasn't bad except I ran out of fuel AGAIN!!! I think there is something wrong with my track pack since I put more then enough fuel to go the distance.
So there goes another race with another crap result. Lets hope I do better in Monza next week.

::: DARK PSI :::
08-25-2005, 05:10 PM
No complaints here from me. Sealed another checked flag keeping me now above the 1 DNF limit. 11 points over F1 Nut keeps me feeling safe again. I believe I ran a great first half of the race. I was all over F1 Nut but could not pass him for the life of me. I don't know how many times I sized him up but no pass. He did eventually make a mistake which what i was waiting for. I then passed and then our fuel strategies told the rest of the race.

Once he pitted his first time I had 2 laps of fuel left and that is when I pulled out 2 1:16's in a row. A 1:16.9 and then a blistering 1:16.1!!!! This got me enough ahead but then i had an exceptionally long pit stop for some dumb reason. F1 Nut pulled ahead and we fought again. Over time I got ahead again because F1 nut was doing a 4 stop fuel strategy. (He is crazy) :) I was on a 3 stopper.

The last 10-15 laps were terrible for me giving me 1:20's and 1:19's. I put in a few 1:17s to keep F1 Nut equally behind me. He would gain a few seconds and then I would take those seconds back. We were evenly matched with our setups save his fuel strategy.

Nonetheless.. another win and 1 more race closer to the championship!!!!

I am anxiously awaiting Italy!!! I will have to really work on my setup for that race since it is completely opposite of what I am used to being short straights and fast sweeping turns. We shall see how I do.

:thumbs:

::: DARK PSI :::
08-25-2005, 05:12 PM
Homer.. make sure to DELETE THE ENTIRE GAME AND FILES. Then re-install the game and follow these instructions PERFECTLY...

http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/showthread.php?t=71061