PDA

View Full Version : Minstrel Slash Template and Infil Thrust Template

Sophistic
08-25-2005, 04:31 PM
Looking for some good ideas for templates the minstrel is full day walker spec 44slash 50 inst and the inf is 50 thrust 39 CS 37 stealth 37 envenom 25 DW ... I have no problem swapping gear to poison weapons ...

Thanks

Yetti
08-27-2005, 09:46 AM
How is your access to gear? There was a god-mode zerker template about 6 months ago that all the DW classes are using now (with 2 items swapped out of it of course for stealth, you lose only 1 qui and a sum of 18% non primary resists... still very solid). Only problem being, most of the items are rare... ring of heavens, sililia's neck, etc...

Sophistic
08-28-2005, 04:57 AM
at this point its only limited by not knowing what i'd need....honestly anything that i need to get is attainable even if i have to lead several raids and gank one piece for myself each time .... (gank being stated to all attendees prior to me ganking it of course)

Cheap Bastard2
09-07-2005, 01:59 AM
What race is best for the infil? What spec is good for good damage output(included posions, and melee output)

Sophistic
09-07-2005, 07:20 PM
imo its all about realm rank. lower RR infs do better with thrust since they gain the evade stun line which every realm complains about us having. higher RR infil's who can afford to be more spread out in point distribution do better with slash. Saracen's have lower hits then brits do and inc's just imo have wasted points in int that a inf can never use so between saracen and brit it depends what you'd like more end game slash or thrust? imo fights between stealthers are all about killing fast and nothing like killing an opponent that cant fight back do thrust and stunning them for 7 seconds is the win. then again slash is a good spec too just i really think you should be rr5 before speccing it

Gallac
09-07-2005, 07:40 PM
I agree with Sopphisticated about the inf speccing. Slash infiltrators, mainly with battler/malice duo, can be very nasty.

But, thrust infs will generally have a slightly higher WS, and the str/con debuffs dont effect them nearly as much as slashers.

Personally, id say only go slash if your wanting battler/malice duo.

Thrust, GS for PAs/BS/opening attacks, and either duel heat/cold legendaries, or something like traitors offhand.

As for templates, ive been working on a template for my minstrel, and its coming along well. Ill post it when ive got it much closer to completion.

OZZYOGRE
10-01-2005, 11:21 PM
Only thing I see a problem with is the battler/malice duo...if you are using both of those at once as an infi you are gonna get your ass handed to you a lot. Malice is good for charge as is battler, but you better always have a legendary in there. Face had a great write up about test he did on all of the information and he showed some logs showing how legendaries do a lot more damage. I would recommend registering on lasraiks site, it has a ton of useful info and Face is probably the best infi to play the game and he gives a lot of advice there. www.perforateartery.com

Honestly, slash is a very poor spec at this point in the game because nightshades really work you over because of remedy and str/con debuff. I have a slash just because I already played a thrust one, and I had to invest in purge 2 very early just to survive the debuff. Dragonfang, although a shorter stun than it used to be is still I-win especially since you will not have anyway to stun with slash, unless you carry a shield lol. The spec is ok for very low rr you have, but once you have modified 50 stealth/envenom with rr and bonuses, those 37's will be way to high. If you do have lifebane, I highly recommend getting viper as an RA as well.

Sophistic
10-03-2005, 07:18 AM
The 37's were only till RR5 when the spec will drastically change ... and most inf/sb's/ns's respec every realm ding i was just trying to put off the every realm ding respec till rr5 is all

Only thing I see a problem with is the battler/malice duo...if you are using both of those at once as an infi you are gonna get your ass handed to you a lot. Malice is good for charge as is battler, but you better always have a legendary in there. Face had a great write up about test he did on all of the information and he showed some logs showing how legendaries do a lot more damage. I would recommend registering on lasraiks site, it has a ton of useful info and Face is probably the best infi to play the game and he gives a lot of advice there. www.perforateartery.com

Honestly, slash is a very poor spec at this point in the game because nightshades really work you over because of remedy and str/con debuff. I have a slash just because I already played a thrust one, and I had to invest in purge 2 very early just to survive the debuff. Dragonfang, although a shorter stun than it used to be is still I-win especially since you will not have anyway to stun with slash, unless you carry a shield lol. The spec is ok for very low rr you have, but once you have modified 50 stealth/envenom with rr and bonuses, those 37's will be way to high. If you do have lifebane, I highly recommend getting viper as an RA as well.