PDA

View Full Version : UFREEZE VS. FREEZE TDM

Nightflier
02-07-2003, 05:24 AM
I just downloaded the mod for ufreeze today and must say it was impressive! There is like a continuous rain of snow falling. When you're frozen, there is a clock timing how long, with an auto-defrost occuring if nobody thaws you.

The new freeze is cool too, but some of these other options on the ufreeze were quite nice. IMO a must download! :thumbs:

FUS1ON
02-07-2003, 06:02 AM
~NF~ I'm gonna have to cite you for "Failure to provide a link while discussing a Q3 mod" :P

Dan2
02-07-2003, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS SHOGUN@Feb 7 2003, 01:02 AM
~NF~ I'm gonna have to cite you for "Failure to provide a link while discussing a Q3 mod" :P
:lol: :rofl:

Fragetti
02-07-2003, 04:37 PM
HAY GIVE ME A LINK AND iLL SET IT UP FOR TONIGHT?

SAY 830 PM EST?

SALVATION: STILL CANT SEEM TO BE ABLE TO ADD BOTS :WTF:
TRIED ALL DIFFRENT WAYS. STILL WORKING ON IT

GOT MY AZZ KICKED AGAIN IN SS LAST NIGHT :bandhead:

CANT GET MY BOT TO JUMP? WILL HAVE TO RE-INSTALL AND START OVER I QUESS.
FRAG YOU LATER

Nightflier
02-07-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS SHOGUN@Feb 6 2003, 10:02 PM
I never have figured out how to do a link. That's why you are supposed to read over my posts Shogun, and find links to add. ;)

Freeze tonight sound saweeeeet! Let's confirm it and do it!

Fragetti
02-07-2003, 11:28 PM
AM IN :thumbs:

Freeze Tag 1.51b (http://www.planetquake.com/freeze/)

FUS1ON
02-07-2003, 11:32 PM
I'll C ya there. ;)

MR. SLiK
02-07-2003, 11:33 PM
fragetti you should host Q3F or something, its fun with a lot of people. You should also get Nifhelium, its where you chose a "god" (or something) and have all these cool attacks.

Fragetti
02-08-2003, 12:42 AM
You guy's Playing?

Here's some info

Freeze Tag (http://planetquake3.net/download.php?op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=986&ttitle=Freeze_Tag_1.51b)

Download and extract files to C:\Program Files\Quake III Arena Your directory may be different.

Freeze Tag is a teamplay modification for Quake3 and Team Arena. It is a lot like that game you may have played as a kid, but without the killing. In Freeze Tag you try to eliminate the entire enemy team. If you kill someone then they will become frozen. So to eliminate all, you'd need to freeze everyone, making them all frozen at the same time. This will give your team a point and the round will start over again. If you are ever frozen, a teammate can come rescue you by standing next to your icy body for three seconds. You'll then be set free and can join the battle again.

Kill the enemy to freeze them
Stand by a teammate for three seconds to unthaw them
Freeze the entire enemy team to win
Shoot an enemy opponent to "get their attention" and taunt
Watch your back, patrol as a group
Set traps, guard frozen enemy bodies
While you camp your team may be getting slaughtered so make sure to save them
You are a good player if you thaw more than one teammate at a time
You are a great player if you are the last person alive and you perform a miraculous comeback, take out the other team and revive your teammates
You are strategic if you only concentrate on thawing teammates; this kind of activity usually keeps a team alive
You understand all things if you can balance this with killing the other team
You are sneaky if you wait for enemies to come thaw their guys and then attack from the shadows
You are fun to play with if you don't shoot the author
For more info see http://www.planetquake.com/freeze

CLIENT

The only major new commands that have been added to Freeze Tag are "drop", "ready", and using the grapple with "+button5". The server you are connected to must have doReady and g_grapple on for you to use them though. If doReady is on then when a map starts, all players will need to type in "ready" at the console to begin the round. If the grapple is turned on, you should bind a key to +button5 to be able to fire the grapple and sail around the rooms. Do this by lowering the in-game console (press ~) and type "bind mouse2 +button5", but use whatever key you wish to assign this command to. And with the "drop" command you can drop just about anything you're carrying: weapons, ammo, holdable items. This is so you can help teammates if you want. (See next paragraph for example on how to automate this.) Another good thing to do if you like helping unfreeze people is to turn on the team overlay so that you can know at all times where your teammates are. This is done under the Game Options menu. By helping a teammate unfreeze you will get a point. These points are added to your normal score as well as shown individually to the far left on the scoreboard. If you see an "L" near the help score, that means that person is the team leader.

An example freeze.cfg file is included. To load this type "exec freeze.cfg" within the game console. It is actually a complex script that allows you to drop items to share with teammates. Once you hit the backspace key, you can press a number to drop that weapon and its ammo. Hit backspace again to go back into normal weapon selection mode.

There is also a chase camera script in freeze.cfg. Press 5 on the keypad to turn on the third person view. Hit the keypad's up or down arrows to zoom in or out, and left or right to orbit the player. The camera will remember your settings if you turn it off, by hitting 5 on the keypad again.

In Freeze you can also send voice messages to other players. The voice commands are:

yes
no
praise
onfollow
help
helping

To use these, type in the console "vsay_team yes" for example. This will play the voice "Affirmative" and also send out a text "Affirmative". "vsay yes" would send to everyone in the game, not just teammates. Another good one is "vtell_target onfollow", which would send "I'm following" to whomever your crosshairs are on.

cg_teamChatsOnly
cg_noVoiceChats
cg_noVoiceText
Use these settings to turn voices off accordingly.

FUS1ON
02-08-2003, 10:40 PM
We gonna play Freeze Tag again at 8:30pm EST, right? :w00t:
This time SAL's on my team so we don't waste ammo on each other while the other one is frozen. :P :lol:

SALvation
02-08-2003, 10:51 PM
I wasn't wasting ammo...I was just strategically moving you with my rockets :D

I won't be there tonight as the wife actually wants to go out tonight (sheesh) but let me know when the next game is.

FUS1ON
02-08-2003, 10:52 PM
:lol: Will do bud. :thumbs:

»°ßåD«
02-08-2003, 11:16 PM
Yo can i join you? :angel:

FUS1ON
02-08-2003, 11:21 PM
Heck yeah, The more the merrier. :thumbs:

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
02-09-2003, 12:13 AM
I'll try and make it.