PDA

View Full Version : Why I've been gone

Mr Clean
02-07-2003, 09:43 PM
Here it is:

We got our butts chewed out at work last month about projects getting done late and over budget (especially the over budget part). I've been trying to work harder, although frankly I'm not part of the problem, including working through lunch. So I haven't been able to get on at work because I'm trying to work better/smarter/faster. Part of that is not having anyone walk past my office and see me posting on the internet.

Meanwhile, the computer at home is in the "Four Seasons" room, which is an attached room full of windows. It has heat, but the rocket scientist who built the addition (who previously owned the house before I bought it) put an electric fan in the duct work to help force the hot air (or cool air in the summer) into that room to help heat it. Great, except last month I smell the wonderful scent of an electric motor burning out. After I figured out it wasn't the computer I figured the fan was going out. I turned it off to avoid burning down the house, but now it acts like a plug in the duct and very little heat gets through to the room. Meanwhile, St Louis has one of it's coldest Januarys on records. We had a couple of spells where we didn't top 10 F and barely ever got above freezing. Needless to say it's no fun being in a room where you can see your breath.

So it was too cold at home and too risky at work. It may be a lame excuse but it's the only one I've got.

Later.

Phoenix
02-07-2003, 09:49 PM
That is such a lame excuse ;)

Mr Clean
02-07-2003, 09:51 PM
LOL I knew you would be the first to respond.....

Snip3r
02-07-2003, 09:59 PM
Wow, that sucks :down:

MR. SLiK
02-07-2003, 11:31 PM
to translate the story: he was lazy.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
02-07-2003, 11:39 PM
Glad you are back Mr. Clean

ME BIGGD01
02-08-2003, 12:10 AM
welcome back!!!!!!