PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Freeze 2.0

Fragetti
02-10-2003, 01:17 AM
Updated the server so you will need this mod.

Ultra Freeze.zip (http://www.planetquake.com/alternatefire/)

Here's The INFO :thumbs: :thumbs:

Ultra Freeze Tag
for Quake 3 1.32
by Darrell "Doolittle" Bircsak
and Neil "haste" Toronto

Copy these files to C:\Program Files\Quake III Arena\ufreeze. Your directory may be different, depending on where you installed Quake 3.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO RUN A SERVER, READ SERVER.TXT, WHICH ALSO CAME WITH THIS DISTRIBUTION.

Ultra Freeze Tag is a teamplay modification based on Darrell Bircsak's Freeze Tag 1.5. You should catch on pretty fast - just shoot the other team up, and when they'd usually die they freeze instead. Once you have all the players on the other team frozen at the same time, your team gets a point and another round will start. To thaw a frozen teammate (a corpsicle), stand next to him for a while. When your team reaches the round limit, the game is over.

GAME FEATURES
-------------

Besides the totally new and totally cool gameplay (big props to Doolittle for dreaming it up and implementing it), there are a few other game features you should be aware of:

- An offhand grapple. If the server administrator enables it (with g_grapple), players may bind a grapple key in SETUP->CONTROLS->SHOOT. The bots even know how to use it. Fly, monkey boy, fly!
- The ability to drop items
- New voice chats
- Server-side lag compensation for instant-hit weapons. This includes the machinegun, shotgun, lightning gun, and railgun. Just point and click to hit an enemy, no matter what your ping is! (If you don't want it, turn it off in SETUP->GAME OPTIONS.)
- Tons of configuration options (play standard, instagib, or Clan Arena-like)
- Competition commands and configuration (referee login and commands, ready, timeouts, team locking)
- An opt-in, client-side chat filter (turn it on in SETUP->GAME OPTIONS)
- A whole bunch of juicy statistics
- Nifty server configuration options like custom help files and voting for entire server configurations
- Hunt Mode, if you want something just a little different

PROPS
-----

Female voice by Karla Palmer
Male voice and final production by Jeff "Tacos" Wros
Older sounds by Coal Shaft and Redder
Bot thaw AI by Fergus Dog
Consistent lightning gun splash and muzzle flash by v|o'dium (odium@planetquake.com)

FUS1ON
02-10-2003, 01:28 AM
Got it. :wave:

OUTLAWS Spike
02-10-2003, 01:28 AM
which one?

OUTLAWS Spike
02-10-2003, 01:38 AM
got it, thanks :wave:

MR. SLiK
02-10-2003, 01:59 AM
its alright, but there are much better mods you guys need to play!!!!

Sauron
02-10-2003, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by MR. SLiK@Feb 10 2003, 02:59 AM
its alright, but there are much better mods you guys need to play!!!!
name them :P

MR. SLiK
02-10-2003, 02:10 AM
Quake3 Fortress, Niflheim, Generations Arena, Q3 Pong, Q3 Gridiron.

www.q3f.com, www.planetquake.com/wirehead/generations, the rest at www.planetquake3.net

Sauron
02-10-2003, 02:28 AM
ok thx :thumbs:

Fragetti
02-10-2003, 02:33 AM
you guys pic um and ill fix um :wacko:

I will setup any mod you guy's want to try. :thumbs: :thumbs:

FUS1ON
02-10-2003, 03:01 AM
That was like regular FFA DM except with the snow. :hmmm:

MR. SLiK
02-10-2003, 03:58 AM
someone get Niflheim and lets play! http://www.planetquake.com/niflheim/

SALvation
02-10-2003, 04:02 AM
Is that mod just a deathmatch variation?

MR. SLiK
02-10-2003, 04:12 AM
ufreeze is just dm or whatever and when you die you get frozen.

Get Niflheim, its a tite TC!

MR. SLiK
02-10-2003, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Terminathare+Feb 9 2003, 10:18 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OUTLAWS Terminathare @ Feb 9 2003, 10:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--MR. SLiK@Feb 9 2003, 08:12 PM
ufreeze is just dm or whatever and when you die you get frozen.

Get Niflheim, its a tite TC&#33;
I didn&#39;t realize I was frozen :blink: [/b][/quote]
you need more than 2 people.

Fragetti
02-10-2003, 06:15 PM
Sorry guy&#39;s if you were disappointed. There are some added internal features that allow me to configure the server and it runs much smoother than 1.51 also provides the following:

An offhand grapple. If the server administrator enables it (with g_grapple), players may bind a grapple key in SETUP->CONTROLS->SHOOT. The bots even know how to use it. Fly, monkey boy, fly&#33;
- The ability to drop items
- New voice chats
- Server-side lag compensation for instant-hit weapons. This includes the machinegun, shotgun, lightning gun, and rail gun. Just point and click to hit an enemy, no matter what your ping is&#33; (If you don&#39;t want it, turn it off in SETUP->GAME OPTIONS.)
- Tons of configuration options (play standard, instagib, or Clan Arena-like)
- Competition commands and configuration (referee login and commands, ready, timeouts, team locking)
- An opt-in, client-side chat filter (turn it on in SETUP->GAME OPTIONS)
- A whole bunch of juicy statistics
- Nifty server configuration options like custom help files and voting for entire server configurations
- Hunt Mode, if you want something just a little different

I am setting up Niflheim mod now to test out 100 meg DL.
Thanks Mr Slik

Get it now and install it I will let you know when its ready and if I have any problems installing it.

Niflheim Mod (http://www.planetquake.com/niflheim/hi/index.htm)

:thumbs: :thumbs:

FUS1ON
02-10-2003, 07:17 PM
Like T&#39;hare said, We weren&#39;t disappointed and we had fun. :wootrock:
Frag you can set it up anyway you want to and i&#39;ll be there. ;)
U da Mack Daddy&#33; :thumbs:

Fragetti
02-12-2003, 03:15 AM
I think I might know what happen the other night. Since I run pure server
Your .pk3 pak files in your baseq3 folder must match the server. That prevents people from using mods to cheat. I think (and not often lol) that some of you may have mistakenly contaminated your baseq3 folder when extracting those Mods.
As a rule of thumb :

Extract maps to the baseq3 folder. (C:/Program Files/Quake III Arena/baseq3)

Extract Mods to C:/Program Files/Quake III Arena
Mods will almost always create there own folder and all the files must remain there.

I suggest you check your baseq3 folder for any files that might say freeze or ufreeze

Remember to back up your q3config.cfg file if you plan to delete the baseq3 folder and re-installing Quake III. (C:/Program Files/Quake III Arena/baseq3) your location may differ if you installed quake in a different directory.

I set the server to non – pure if anyone wants to try to get in.

If you need further assistance feel free to ask.

OUTLAWS Spike
02-12-2003, 03:23 AM
I think your right Frag, Some of the mods I downloaded didn&#39;t create their own folder. I&#39;ll post some screen shots of what I have in my Q3 folder and basq3 folder tomorrow. :thumbs:

Nightflier
02-12-2003, 06:18 PM
Well that would be my problem. :bandhead: I have maps and mods in the baseq3 folder. I shall correct immediately. :jammin: :thumbs:

OUTLAWS Spike
02-13-2003, 12:47 AM
Here is what I have in my baseq3 folder. See if you can find anything wrong, my Quake III Arena folder will follow

OUTLAWS Spike
02-13-2003, 12:48 AM

MR. SLiK
02-13-2003, 12:53 AM
Yep thats right.