PDA

View Full Version : Interesting read......

T I K
11-18-2005, 06:24 PM
This is a pretty interesting read on alt energys if your at all interested in these kinda potential advances :thumbs:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/story/0,3605,1627424,00.html

MassacreAL
11-18-2005, 07:00 PM
hmm, electron is in orbits around protons and neutrons in core of atom. and right is: bigger orbit, more energy electron has. and lesser orbing, less energy electron need. so if you would move electron from bigger orbit to lesser orbit, you would gain some energy. but as you can see, quantum physic and planc`s theory (part of quantum physic) tell us that electrons MUST be in constant orbit, or its integer multiply.i dont know exactly the math, so i cant explain you, but i believe max planc and other physicist was true. there is not 100% certainty, but most probably...

EDIT: small example of constanty of orbits. electron are moving 1inch above core of atom. and if you would give him some energy, he cant move 1,1inch or 1,5inch above core, but only 2 or 3 or 4 inches...

Sauron
11-18-2005, 07:32 PM
Natural systems always tend to look for the state of lowest energy so if there'd be room in an atom for an electron at a lower energy state it would automatically get there on its own and energy would be free in form of rays (x-rays , visual light ....) . So while in theory you'd be able to get energy from it i don't know how you will be able to put the electron in a higher energetic state without putting same or more energy into the system than you get out of it.

And the state of a electron within a orbit can't be clearly stated as Heissenbergs uncertanty relations theory says (could post formula if i's know how to put the stupid special symbols in) .

Well but if this would be true it would be really awesome but it still has to be proven. Gonna ask my Physical chemistry Porf about what he thinks about that on monday :P