PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone please help me!

OUTLAWS BIOHAZARD
02-10-2003, 07:50 PM
Hey everyone!
I recently bought a new Radeon 9700 pro videocard to replace the Gforce4 Ti 4400 that I originally used. I decided to get the Radeon cause its bench marks are great and way better than what I had. Although I have seem to come across some problems latly. When I run UT2003 it runs smooth but when I select my map and start the match but when I look at the map things are all distorted the tree leaves in the map get stretched all the way out past the sky box and many times the adrenaline gets stretched up to the sky box and sometimes a random weapon gets stretched in some wierd ways. Apparantly this problem does it to every map online or offline with me. I asked many people online if they see distortion just incase it was the server but much later I realized that it was doing this to everything. Ive followed all the instructions to install this card and updated many times but nothing seems to work. Ive suffered much lag when in a match agianst bots and many times has my explorer crashed. I hope some idiot did not send me a virus. I keep my computer clean and optimized for gaming and 3d programs. Im running two 40 gig hard drives and one 200 gig hard drive, Windows 2000 and a AMD Athlon XP 1800 processor with a Sound blaster Audigy2 platinum sound card, Sony "DVD-RW-DVD-R-CD-RW-CD-R" drive an, 17 inch flat screen CRT monitor. I run a cable modem and a roadrunner account. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate everything.

Thanks alot!
BIOHAZARD

Yellow[GummiBear]
02-10-2003, 08:00 PM
when you say you've "updated many times" I assume you have all the latest drivers both for your vid card and your mobo... if not that'd prolly be the first step for troubleshooting this problem...I think Smooth[GummiBear] has/had a similar set up to yours so I will ask him to view your post (not sure if he still frequents this board) and see if he has run into any similar problems...

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
02-10-2003, 10:17 PM
Check ATI's website LINK (http://www.ati.com/). Do a search there to see if these are known problems.

Death-Dude
02-10-2003, 11:00 PM
Also, when you say you updated, I assume the latest ATI drivers, but how about the DirextX version? The newer drivers are written for DX9 as I recall, although I am still clunking along on a GF4 4400, and don't have a fine 9700 card.

OUTLAWS BIOHAZARD
02-14-2003, 03:39 AM
Hey I just got done loading all of the drivers back on my computer after formatting all of my harddrives and reloading Windows 2000 and still nothing seems to work. I have installed and uninstalled many times and nothing seems to work this Radeon 9700 Pro has totially let me down. I still think this card is good and I hope I can get things working soon. Here is a pic of my problems so far. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks alot!
BIOHAZARD

Crism
02-14-2003, 04:10 AM
are you overclocking it at all? does it mess up in any other games?

OUTLAWS BIOHAZARD
02-14-2003, 04:17 AM
I dont even know how to overclock. I havent been able to install anymore of my games cause I dont know if this machine is going to live much longer cause it is really making me mad. I want to get things working and I know earler before I got a new P4 2.0 GHz processor and motherboard it would lag agianst bots with CS but atleast no distortion in that game.

Crism
02-14-2003, 04:26 AM
you might have a bad video card...try RMAing it

OUTLAWS BIOHAZARD
02-14-2003, 04:29 AM
Hey could you tell me what"RMA" means?

Thanks alot!
BIOHAZARD

OUTLAWS Tip
02-14-2003, 04:42 AM
Return Merchandise Authorization. I think that is right.

If you bought your card online, you call tech support and if they can't help you they will give you a RMA number. You put that on the box and ship it back, and they send you a new card.

If you bought the card at a regular retail store you could talk to them and explain your problems and they should replace your card if it hasn't been too long.

You could have gotten a bad card, before you rip all your hair out and start balding like me, check with tech support and see if you can get a replacement.
:blink:

mod
02-14-2003, 04:45 AM
Just contact ati directly (a great acanadian company) they will do some tests and if the card is defective they will give you a rma and you basically ship the card to them and they will send you a new one ..

you may want to invest in a good fan for the vid card and at least a 400 watt power supply as well

mod

OUTLAWS BIOHAZARD
02-14-2003, 04:53 AM
Kool! :wootrock:
You guys :jammin: thanks alot for the help.

Cheers! :drink:

OUTLAWS BIOHAZARD
02-14-2003, 05:24 AM
I was curious how do you install WinZip if the file has been zipped?

ME BIGGD01
02-14-2003, 05:41 AM
install chipset drivers and do not forget to install ati control panel after you restart pc from installing vga drivers