PDA

View Full Version : first one

DiTomasso
03-04-2006, 07:29 PM
Checking out that Multiplayer thing, have trouble choosing the right weapon.
Still up and down scrolling, liked the "railgun" i think and my favourite the saw.

With more players joining the lagg started at the end.

Really enjoyed it :eek: :D :thumbs:

FUS1ON
03-04-2006, 08:25 PM
Nice to see you playing bud. Get those weapons hotkeyed, that scolling stuff will get you smoked :P

IMO there's only four weapons to use, the railgun, the rocket launcher, the grenade launcher and the shotgun.

Pure_Evil
03-04-2006, 09:22 PM
:P shotty......

nice to see you roaming around Q4 :thumbs:

EXEcution
03-04-2006, 09:32 PM
GG.
If you need help with weapons read this, was written by a professional Q4 player.

http://www.sk-gaming.com/feature/670/2/

BobtheCkroach
03-04-2006, 11:21 PM
Nice to see you playing bud. Get those weapons hotkeyed, that scolling stuff will get you smoked :P

IMO there's only four weapons to use, the railgun, the rocket launcher, the grenade launcher and the shotgun.

Out of curiousity, what keys do you guys use for hotkeys?

I always stick with scroll, personally. I know it's slower than using a key, but I find that when I use the keys to switch, I generally either push the wrong button, or get the right button, but then fumble and lose mobility for a second?

And come on! You don't think the lighting gun is one of the guns worth using??

Also - GG DiTomasso! :thumbs:

EXEcution
03-05-2006, 12:57 AM
Out of curiousity, what keys do you guys use for hotkeys?

I always stick with scroll, personally. I know it's slower than using a key, but I find that when I use the keys to switch, I generally either push the wrong button, or get the right button, but then fumble and lose mobility for a second?

And come on! You don't think the lighting gun is one of the guns worth using??

Also - GG DiTomasso! :thumbs:
Well I think I can go into the whole "how to be a better player" thing for a while, you can read that article I posted up it will help you alot since you are relatively new to the whole FPS thing and frankly you don't play that much.

If you are serious about playing, and being good I recommend that you download some demos of pro players which are listed here. http://ggl.com/news.php?NewsId=2460&Page=3

Otherwise, if you use WASD for movement you can bind gus to Q,E,F, L-Shift, and I also have RL bound to R-Click, and GL to Middle-Click.

BobtheCkroach
03-05-2006, 01:09 AM
Well I think I can go into the whole "how to be a better player" thing for a while, you can read that article I posted up it will help you alot since you are relatively new to the whole FPS thing and frankly you don't play that much.

If you are serious about playing, and being good I recommend that you download some demos of pro players which are listed here. http://ggl.com/news.php?NewsId=2460&Page=3

Otherwise, if you use WASD for movement you can bind gus to Q,E,F, L-Shift, and I also have RL bound to R-Click, and GL to Middle-Click.

I did read that article, found it interesting / learned stuff I didn't know (nail & hyper have splash, splash guns are best aimed @ feet)

I'll have to experiment with using some keys like you're mentioning. I always think of those keys as reserved b/c they usually have a purpose in SP, such as lean-look, use, etc, but I guess for MP it'd be totally fine. Especially L-shift, which is generally run, since I use always run and never click walk.

Thanks exe! :thumbs:

SoulReaver
03-05-2006, 01:31 AM
Meh I stick with scrolls. Works best for me cause I tend to memorize what weapons I currently have.

Bob, you never knew about hyper and nail having splash? Did you play Q3? The hyper could be used to "climb" up to high places.

BobtheCkroach
03-05-2006, 03:50 AM
Meh I stick with scrolls. Works best for me cause I tend to memorize what weapons I currently have.

Bob, you never knew about hyper and nail having splash? Did you play Q3? The hyper could be used to "climb" up to high places.

I have Q3. I bought the platinum w/ that and Arena. It's been sitting in my rack for about 1 day less than I've owned it. I've always felt that it was too similar to UT2k4, and that UT does a better job. Honestly, once UT2k7 comes out, you'll probably never see me in this again either...course by then I'll be on dialup, so you won't see me period...

EXEcution
03-05-2006, 10:08 PM
IMO Q3 is nothing like UT2K4. They have different speed, different movement (strafe juping in Q3 as opposed to dodging in UT). The weapons are immensely different and are used in different capacities. IMO Q3 is a much easier game to get used to. But it is old and most of the players are highly skilled. Q4 is a good place to start even though many Q3 vets have moved into it. Same will prolly apply for UT2007.