PDA

View Full Version : Outlaw Blue Screen of Death

Frag Junky
02-13-2003, 11:37 PM
How sweet, my first post :jammin: NOT

Ok here it is, I had the fine privilage of being cannon and rocket fodder of a couple of outlaws last night. Still it was a good game.

After the game, they was wondering why I don't talk much during the game. No t that I am shy, I was just on the run a lot, and blind in one eye(for real) Hard to see them coming and read the screen. (babble babble babble)

Anyway I forget there names, but I hope they had a safe trip driving/flying (they know who they are), they mentioned if I could post my problem.

Here it finally is, and you thought I was running for office. Everytime I connect to Outlaws3, I Blue Screen, or have to power off. I can connect to Outlaws2, once in a while some lag, but for the most part, a dame good killing spree. Go Figure?

One more, I can't see where to put in an auto famous quote, so here it is.

The Network is not Down, only resting up for Gamers.

Sirc
02-13-2003, 11:42 PM
I've never heard of this problem before. Are you using any custom skins or weapon models? Are your video and sound drivers the latest versions?

I can't imagine why you would have problems on one server and not on another. :WTF:

You may want to consider uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

Aries
02-13-2003, 11:53 PM
Nice verbage :thumbs:

OUTLAWS The Machine
02-14-2003, 02:48 AM
I've not heard of that one either. I can not be the server. Did it happen more than once?

Frag Junky
02-18-2003, 06:44 AM
Finally found the post, had to figure out how to run the forum( getting dumber as I get older) Just kidding, just the first time I have used a forum.

Not sure what was causing the lag and blue screen, all I know is Outlaws3 is lag every time I connect. might be the number of players. usally there is 6+ when I have tried. Very popular server. As far as add on's-none. Had to reinstall operating system, so the game was reinstalled also, didn't seem to help. Is ther other patches besides the 1.7 that I could try.

Might be my hardware, should have the most recent drivers. Running a DSL 256. Should be good enough, I can run my own session and play as long as I limit it to 5 players.

You will be happy to know it is not just outlaw servers, Once in while I run into it on other slower servers. It's just that I like to play the outlaw server when I can because they can handle more players.

By the way, I read the post on hiding your port from the auditors, very slick. It remined me of some old articles. check out this sight, you may get a good chuckle.
http://www.leo.org/information/freizeit/fu...fh/bofhtop.html (http://www.leo.org/information/freizeit/fun/bofh/bofhtop.html)

Have a good one, time to take my vitamins and hit the sack. after all, I need my strength to play sam I am.

Sirc
02-18-2003, 07:00 AM
Outlaws3 is the worst one for me too. But consider that Slash is providing these servers for free out of the goodness of his heart. With much effort, with little recognition, and with much bitching.

I'm not saying you are bitching, you're just trying to figure out what is going on. That's cool. So are the rest of us. LOL. So is Slash. Welcome to SS net code. LOL. Always an adventure.

:wootrock: :wootrock: :wootrock:

Goober
02-18-2003, 11:48 AM
Hey Frag Junky......I love that article.....Bastard Operator from Hell. You're going to fit in just fine around here. If you remember DOS you must be around my age of 45 or better. Welcome to GameMecca.

Pure_Evil
02-18-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Frag Junky@Feb 13 2003, 06:37 PM
Ok here it is, I had the fine privilage of being cannon and rocket fodder of a couple of outlaws last night. Still it was a good game.

After the game, they was wondering why I don't talk much during the game. No t that I am shy, I was just on the run a lot, and blind in one eye(for real) Hard to see them coming and read the screen. (babble babble babble)

I've had many of those nights :devil:

Mr Clean
02-18-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Goober DOA@Feb 18 2003, 05:48 AM
Hey Frag Junky......I love that article.....Bastard Operator from Hell. You're going to fit in just fine around here. If you remember DOS you must be around my age of 45 or better. Welcome to GameMecca.
Don't lump us all in that age group...I'm 32 and I remember DOS well enough... :D

Goober
02-18-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Mr Clean@Feb 18 2003, 10:53 AM

Don't lump us all in that age group...I'm 32 and I remember DOS well enough... :D
My apologies Mr. Clean...now go wax your head or something........ya young whippersnapper you....

Mr Clean
02-18-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Goober DOA+Feb 18 2003, 12:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Goober DOA @ Feb 18 2003, 12:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Mr Clean@Feb 18 2003, 10:53 AM

Don&#39;t lump us all in that age group...I&#39;m 32 and I remember DOS well enough... :D
My apologies Mr. Clean...now go wax your head or something........ya young whippersnapper you.... [/b][/quote]
LOL Yes sir, sorry sir....

Frag Junky
02-19-2003, 06:43 AM
Yep, I am getting older, Picture a 50 year old man(not Bald Thank You god) sitting in his rocking chair, half blind, staring at a monitor, and beating the living hell out of his keyboard becasue he just turned into goo becasue he just got knifed by a swimmer. No kidding, I was only one frag from winning my first frag match when my own kid killed me and took the win. Just wait until I give him his next hair cut, I&#39;m going to carve a target in the back of his head.

I will be the first to admit, I die far more then I rack up the frag, but one thing I never did leran was to give up. Love playing the hole no matter how many times I get splatted against the ceiling with a cannon, I just run them down until I can figure out how to do better.

I am glad you enjoyed the BOFH articles. I can relate to him so well, I run a network and do some custom programs for industery data for a living. So many times I have thought about pulling one of his stunts. One trick I do use is when we get a new manager, the first thing I do is fax him some papers that I created in Photoshop. it is a fax header smeared down four pages, makes them think their fax is screwed, and they come running to me to fix it. Another one I love is telling this one user the reason his PC crashes is it run out of Zero&#39;s and has to be refilled by the Server before it will work again. Really had him going for a while until someone spoiled it and told him the truth. Got even with him too, turned all his graphics upside down in his saftey presentation.

Enough of this, this gray haired old man needs his sleep, got to crash the network tomorrow so I can show the managers how much they really need me :-)

Goober
02-19-2003, 12:17 PM
Just wait until I give him his next hair cut, I&#39;m going to carve a target in the back of his head.

You&#39;re a good parent...that&#39;s exactly what I would do.

it is a fax header smeared down four pages, makes them think their fax is screwed, and they come running to me to fix it. Another one I love is telling this one user the reason his PC crashes is it run out of Zero&#39;s and has to be refilled by the Server before it will work again. Really had him going for a while until someone spoiled it and told him the truth. Got even with him too, turned all his graphics upside down in his saftey presentation.

With just a little evil on the side....You&#39;re my new hero
Run out of Zero&#39;s.... :lol:

Mr Clean
02-19-2003, 06:03 PM
Just wait until I give him his next hair cut, I&#39;m going to carve a target in the back of his head.

:lol: