PDA

View Full Version : WinXP Home Edition $49.99

Caged Anger
05-15-2006, 12:25 AM
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6709083&type=product&cmp=++&id=1083713449105

I am by no means a big fan of best buy as it usually is the worst buy. I was however, fliping through their pamphlet in the paper and hit upon this. They have up to date OS upgrades at $50 off regular price. I think this is incredable...especially considering that the price has been at or near $100 for quite some time.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6709083&type=product&cmp=++&id=1083713449105

merkwannabe
05-16-2006, 08:49 AM
i usually avoid software upgrades.. it's too bothersome when you switch computers and stuff. :/

merkwannabe
05-16-2006, 08:53 AM
if biggd or jim said it was a good deal, then i'd be more likley to change my views.

anyway, thanks for the offer link. it's good to know people are looking.

EXEcution
05-16-2006, 11:42 AM
Well I personally don't know how the update installs since it's different from a standalone version of Win XP, but if by now you do not own a copy of the OS then here's your chance. But if you have a verson of Windows that you are happy with then I see no reason for upgrading. Unless ofc you are one of the UNlucky few that own a copy of the OS from HELL.... Windows ME.

Caged Anger
05-16-2006, 11:31 PM
Unless ofc you are one of the UNlucky few that own a copy of the OS from HELL.... Windows ME.

:D :D :D

OUTLAWS Tip
05-17-2006, 03:39 AM
Thanks for the link.

Thinking of upgrading my Dad's Win98 box.

I've never had a problem with an upgrade version. Actually if you want you can use it for a clean install and save money. All you need is the Win98 disk, when it asks for proof of earlier edition because it can't find it, you can just direct it to the Win98 files from the cd.
:)

It has saved me a bunch of money over the years buying the upgrade editions and I've never had a problem.

I've never bought a retail pc. My first was my brothers 3.1 machine that I ended up adding sound, cd-rom, modem, Win95 etc. I've never looked back and won't buy a pc from a manufacturer. At least till I decide I want a laptop.
:D

EXEcution
05-17-2006, 10:19 PM
Hah! I just ended up buying this for my boss. He has a P3 Dell desktop with... you guessed it... Windows ME. So he's pretty happy I was able to get that for him. Plus the fact that he can write it off since it's for his business makes him even happier. :D