PDA

View Full Version : Bush readies veto for stem cell bill today

MassacreAL
07-19-2006, 06:14 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060719/ap_on_go_pr_wh/stem_cells;_ylt=AqooXC5ps_CoBkekD8CE.W6s0NUE

read this, and tell me what u guys think about it.

MassacreAL
07-19-2006, 06:22 PM
personaly i think Bush made dumb decision. his main argument is that scientist kills human beings. its nounsence, you cant consider few cells stucked together as human being. even fly is more developed. and every time bakers make bread, they kills millions of yeast cells. and everytime you use condom you kill many sperms, and stem cell isnt much different from sperm.

advatages of this research is obvious, it can heal many diseases and help many people.

ME BIGGD01
07-19-2006, 06:31 PM
I don't see what the problem is with this. I think that people should have the right to choose and if you are against it then be so and let those hwo support it have the option. I do not like that religion is the reason for others choices such as gay marriage. I find it hard to believe that marriage is so sacred when divorce rate is up over 70%.

This sort of thing is stupid and should be allowed if it helps others. If I was in a wheel chair drooling out of my mouth, I would hope there was something that could make things better. Honestly I feel the President of the USA should have no say about this stuff especially if he can not understand it.

MassacreAL
07-19-2006, 06:40 PM
exactly :thumbs:

TheMaster
07-19-2006, 06:43 PM
Well unfortunately the President has carried out his threat and has vetoed the bill. What's more, Congress at this point does not have enough support to override the veto.

This President has ultimately elected to refuse fundings towards scientific and medical breakthroughs that could save countless lives in the long run. If it's worth saving potentially thousands or more lives, it seems to me it should be funded entirely. Remember Christopher Reeve and his paralysis condition? He died two years ago from an infection that developed from his condition, a condition that stem cells could have cured. As if the President has not lost my confidence in him before, this takes the cake. Mr. Bush, shame on you.:down:

NastyDawg
07-19-2006, 08:38 PM
Well I think that his religion got in the way on this one. I am for a lot of stuff the President has done over the past six years but this one I disagree with.

OUTLAWS Tip
07-20-2006, 02:10 AM
Well I think that his religion got in the way on this one. I am for a lot of stuff the President has done over the past six years but this one I disagree with.

I'd also have to say he definately got this one wrong.
:down:

Caged Anger
07-20-2006, 02:36 AM
whatever happened to the seperation of church and state eh?....seems that religion has been gaining more power since mr GW has been around.

Nitro
07-20-2006, 04:11 AM
nothing is what is seems....everything is a lie

Mad Fox
07-20-2006, 10:44 PM
whatever happened to the seperation of church and state eh?....seems that religion has been gaining more power since mr GW has been around.

Over the last 25 years I think that the idea of Church and state has been misconstrued. When the founding Father established this idea ther were refferring to church ( as an institioun) not church as religion. Religion has always been an intergral part of the American expiernence.

Some of our greates ideas and accomplishments have been fueled by a belief in divine providence. The notion that America is a (city on the hill), Manifest destiny, the freeing of the slaves, and america's involvement in foregin affarirs.

Mad Fox
07-20-2006, 10:50 PM
As fro stem cell research...

I belive it has serious implications. From the moment of conception a human being is developing and taking form. Cells are splitting and dividing. THe fetus is taking nutrients from the mother. It just seems wrong to take away life.