PDA

View Full Version : Quake II

Snip3r
02-16-2003, 10:36 PM
Ya I know don't even say it, this game is hella old. I know. I was just wondering why I Can't see any servers, I got bored of Sam and UT and MOHAA so I guess I would try this, I found the CD laying around gathering dust down their ;) . So am I the only one who plays this really old school game? :drink:

Diablo
02-16-2003, 11:14 PM
How can you get bored of UT and sam..

Snip3r
02-16-2003, 11:18 PM
Because Sam sucks and UT gets boring when you play it for 6 hours straight ;)

Diablo
02-16-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Snip3r@Feb 16 2003, 06:18 PM
Because Sam sucks and UT gets boring when you play it for 6 hours straight ;)
Sam sucks??...ywelp that confirms your gay..sam rules over ut2003 and yes i love ut2003 but not as good as sam mabey when i get my new Vid card i might like it but that means sam will also lok and play better so i think sam rules over all!!!!

Snip3r
02-17-2003, 12:24 AM
hahahaha Sam sucks the most balls in the world, it doesn't even compete to the Unreal engine, the netcode blows more than you, their are too many rocket whoring powerup hoggin people, too many **** talkers, and just sucks. UT rocks because new Maps and Mods are constantly coming out and PATCHES are coming out that fix bugs people don't even notice. :jammin:

MR. SLiK
02-17-2003, 01:10 AM
Last year (like sept to dec) I used to play Quake2 online everyday. Then I just stopped playing for some reason. Anyways the reason why you cant see any servers is you have to go find ip addresses of servers online and put them into your address book. Here is a website to find some quake2 servers:

http://www.gameaholic.com/servers/quake2/

Snip3r
02-17-2003, 03:31 AM
Yeah I found that out, but when I play CTF I can't see who's team I'm on, like I dont have a red uniform. Plus I am just downright confused LOL. Can you give me some files I might need?

Irishman Q3
02-17-2003, 08:37 AM
I know this is WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY of topic here, but you know what would be cool, going back and playing a HUGE game of the Original Doom. Doesn't matter if it's Doom or Doom II. This was way back in the day, so online multiplayer was kinda iffy and hard to set up. But I got to play a friend or 2 through the phone line, and that was my first taste of "online" playing. Man, those were the dayz. :jammin:

Rivers
03-03-2003, 09:29 PM
oh man doom kicks ass. id love that. I also was confused as hell with the quake II on-line part and quit a long time ago. Maybe I should try again soon. :cool:

EXEcution
03-20-2003, 09:06 PM
Quake 2 is definitely an old game and playing it nowadays seems like a waste of time :dunno: when u can be paying Sam or UT.

FlameRush
03-26-2003, 09:10 PM
Doom got old for me, thats a cool as crap game, but also I aint used to it, I set my Quake 2 up like Sam, LOL.

Ra\/en
03-27-2003, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Snip3r@Feb 17 2003, 12:24 AM
hahahaha Sam sucks the most balls in the world, it doesn't even compete to the Unreal engine, the netcode blows more than you, their are too many rocket whoring powerup hoggin people, too many **** talkers, and just sucks. UT rocks because new Maps and Mods are constantly coming out and PATCHES are coming out that fix bugs people don't even notice. :jammin:
im inclined to agree..

stupid croteam :bandhead: