PDA

View Full Version : Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Irishman Q3
02-17-2003, 07:51 AM
Hey everybody, I'm still new to these forums and as of yet have not had the privalege to meet most/any of you. :cool:

The only games I've noticed so far being represented here are Serious Sam: Second Encounter and UT2K3. I have the single player of SS: SE on my comp, and that game is freakin awesome, and I have yet gotten around to getting a copy of UT2K3.

But my question is this: Does anyone here play RTCW (Return to Castle Wolfenstein)?

This is my primary game I play, everything else comes second. I never really liked Quake 3 too much, but this game I just can't seem to put down. The clan matches are really fast and intense, and teamwork is A MUST here, no lone-wolfs needed. If anyone plays and/or is part of a clan, give me a holla. I play under Irishman Q3, and if anyone wants a game, let me know. :thumbs:

Love, peace, and Chicken Grease! :wootrock:

Ra\/en
02-17-2003, 08:06 AM
i got the game, used to play very obsessivly a year or so ago.

Nobody
02-17-2003, 08:43 AM
I play RTCW on a fairly regular basis. :D I tend to have the most fun on the beach map with atleast 8 people :thumbs:

By the way you can tell which games some of us play by the icons in our sig. Welcome to Gamemecca :wave:

Death-Dude
02-17-2003, 05:13 PM
I played in an RTCW clan for a year or so, we played in as many as three leagues at one time, then just two, pretty intensely and competitively. I'm a moderator at PlanetWolfenstein, but mostly inactive anymore.

»°ßåD«
02-17-2003, 09:03 PM
I play RTCW regulary i play as Isaac on the SWAT Goldrush banimod servers :)

Death-Dude
02-17-2003, 11:29 PM
I played a bunch today on SYMO's Server, or WS Asylum, man, I'd forgotten how addictive and fun Wolf is. :jammin:

Jango Fett
02-18-2003, 06:00 AM
Ah Irshman even on this forum. Much to learn you still have! :cool:

Hobbes
02-18-2003, 06:16 AM
I played the hell out of the demo, love that beach map. Got it once it came out though and most of the maps got kind of dull after a couple months so I haven't played in a long time.

FASTway
02-18-2003, 06:25 AM
I tried the RTCW demo just before I tried the Serious Sam demo.
The single player was interesting.
But not the multiplayer.

I'm a "lone wolf". :rofl:

Death-Dude
02-26-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by FASTway@Feb 18 2003, 12:25 AM
I tried the RTCW demo just before I tried the Serious Sam demo.
The single player was interesting.
But not the multiplayer.

I'm a "lone wolf". :rofl:
I looked forward to Wolf for the SP, and the MP was so great, I got lost in it, hating to waste time with SP when I could be doing MP. It's a great game for true, team-based play, with distinct classes which must work together to be effective. We worked on map strategies for weeks, and tweaked approaches here and there all the time. Compared to UT2K3, which I enjoy a lot, too, it's chess-vs-checkers. Wolf MP is the most fun I've ever had in a FPS.

Irishman Q3
02-27-2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Death-Dude@Feb 26 2003, 02:20 PM

I looked forward to Wolf for the SP, and the MP was so great, I got lost in it, hating to waste time with SP when I could be doing MP. It's a great game for true, team-based play, with distinct classes which must work together to be effective. We worked on map strategies for weeks, and tweaked approaches here and there all the time. Compared to UT2K3, which I enjoy a lot, too, it's chess-vs-checkers. Wolf MP is the most fun I've ever had in a FPS.
HOO-RAH! Good answer. :thumbs:

RTCW is the first online, multiplayer game that I really got into full-time. The game is soooooo much fun. It does sux because you MUST rely on your teammates to win, but I like that also.

But I'm starting to like UT2k3's BR games quite alot also. :wootrock:

Mr Clean
02-27-2003, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by Irishman Q3@Feb 26 2003, 07:53 PM
RTCW is the first online, multiplayer game that I really got into full-time. The game is soooooo much fun. It does sux because you MUST rely on your teammates to win, but I like that also.

I wonder why they made it that way....don't other games allow for "rogues"?

Death-Dude
02-27-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Mr Clean+Feb 26 2003, 09:23 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr Clean @ Feb 26 2003, 09:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Irishman Q3@Feb 26 2003, 07:53 PM

I wonder why they made it that way....don&#39;t other games allow for "rogues"? [/b][/quote]
It makes a &#39;team&#39; more than the sum of it&#39;s parts. If a guy is a good medic, or especially two guys, it can dominate a map. When we played dT, Deathtouch, even when we would win a firefight, we lost it because the neds were there, picking everyone up. It made us rethink our approach to meds. The Professionals used 4 meds on every map. So, map strategies were not only about where you would be, but what class, and who you should be healing, or getting healed by. As far as playing on pub servers goes, you get what you get, and bad teammates makes for a lousy afternoon. I&#39;ve been jumping in on WS Asylum, if you find it, jump in and have some fun.

Stealth
02-28-2003, 04:58 AM
RTCW was a lot of fun...never got around playing multiplayer...but only single player as that was impressive though. :thumbs:

Irishman Q3
02-28-2003, 06:24 AM
Even though I can&#39;t seem to find the time to go back and play on a harder difficulty setting, I loved the Single player on RTCW. I HATED wasting so much ammo on the undead, and tight corridors against some of the super-monsters near the end was a real nightmare. They DID make the final boss a joke to beat. Just strafe and empty your biggest guns into him. My favorite parts were the Airfield and seeing those Nazi Stormtroopers parachaute down to try to hunt me down, and going through the village lvls, and going from building to building sneaking around and listening in on Nazi&#39;s conversations just before I rushed in and knifed &#39;em all. :cool:

Stealth
02-28-2003, 07:23 AM
Irishman Q3 Posted on Feb 28 2003, 01:24 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Even though I can&#39;t seem to find the time to go back and play on a harder difficulty setting, I loved the Single player on RTCW. I HATED wasting so much ammo on the undead, and tight corridors against some of the super-monsters near the end was a real nightmare. They DID make the final boss a joke to beat. Just strafe and empty your biggest guns into him. My favorite parts were the Airfield and seeing those Nazi Stormtroopers parachaute down to try to hunt me down, and going through the village lvls, and going from building to building sneaking around and listening in on Nazi&#39;s conversations just before I rushed in and knifed &#39;em all.&nbsp;

Speaking about the last boss, that dude was almost impossible to frag down :bandhead:

and the german hottie nearing the end of the game, forget her name, had a nice set of @ss :rolleyes:

yeah that game rocks :thumbs: