PDA

View Full Version : problems with demoviewing

ForrestFunk
02-17-2003, 11:32 AM
i have some demos where i cant change the view...i dont want to see the loosers :bawling: ;) ...normally i can change it with the left mouse button...these demos are from clanmatches, so i dont recorded them for myself....they all need the "no center view mutator"...i ve installed it that i can atleast watch them...dunno if this stops changing the playerview???

what can i do???

Death-Dude
02-23-2003, 02:39 AM
I wish I could help you, is that info in the readme in the patches, or on one of the Console pages?

Intense Fury
02-23-2003, 05:10 AM
:WTF: i have the same problem

Dan2
02-23-2003, 05:17 AM
You can scroll through the players using the + key.

edit- sorry I thought you were talking about SS. Umm... as you were. :wacko:

ForrestFunk
02-23-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Death-Dude@Feb 23 2003, 03:39 AM
I wish I could help you, is that info in the readme in the patches, or on one of the Console pages?
dunno what exactly you mean...after i ve installed the mutator i dont get any errormessages...i just cant change my view...

Stealth
02-24-2003, 07:52 AM
:hmmm: can't think of any solutions at this moment :bandhead:

ForrestFunk
02-25-2003, 11:09 PM
ok...i found the answer...just wanna let you all know...theres still a bug in the demorecord function...you can only see the demo from the person who has recorded it...if you can change it...the demo was recorded directly on the server!

i hope they fix it in the next patch :unsure:

Red[GummiBear]
02-26-2003, 02:32 PM
well if its the same as original UT then there is no way to change the view..you will only be able to see the demo from the view of the person who recorded the demo...however, with original UT you could also change to 3rd person view and watch your player from behind...as far as watching from other people i really dont know if that is possible..if you are recording a demo then i dont see how it would be able to get all the info that every player is seeing so just in case you want to watch from another player when you are demoviewing...but who knows these days...i havent really used the ut2k3 demo feature yet anyway so i cant say for sure...my suggestion would be to not have the loser make the demo!

ForrestFunk
02-26-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Red[GummiBear]@Feb 26 2003, 03:32 PM
well if its the same as original UT then there is no way to change the view..you will only be able to see the demo from the view of the person who recorded the demo...however, with original UT you could also change to 3rd person view and watch your player from behind...as far as watching from other people i really dont know if that is possible..if you are recording a demo then i dont see how it would be able to get all the info that every player is seeing so just in case you want to watch from another player when you are demoviewing...but who knows these days...i havent really used the ut2k3 demo feature yet anyway so i cant say for sure...my suggestion would be to not have the loser make the demo!
thx for the additional info :)

i ve heard they try to fix the problem...lets see :unsure: