PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2

Nitro
01-07-2007, 04:12 PM
Since Halo 2 is out for PC now, is it possible to plug in an Xbox controller into ur comp via USB and play the game with that? If so, how would you do it?

EXEcution
01-07-2007, 04:25 PM
First off I don't think it's out yet because Vista isn't yet available to the public. Yes the 360 controller is compatible with the game and Vista will probably recognize it as soon as you plug it in.

NastyDawg
01-07-2007, 04:41 PM
It can be done now

http://www.gamesoftinc.com/PCMame.asp

Nitro
01-07-2007, 06:36 PM
It can be done now

http://www.gamesoftinc.com/PCMame.asp

Thanks bro, you rule

NastyDawg
01-07-2007, 08:45 PM
You got me all excited about Halo 2 Nitro, I guess Exe is right, won't be out until 2nd Quarter of the year after Vista is released. Damn I hate Microsoft!

MassacreAL
01-07-2007, 08:51 PM
hmm im not sure if halo 2 uses directX 10, but if so they cant release it without vista. becouse directX 10 is vista only

MassacreAL
01-07-2007, 08:55 PM
now i found somewhere halo 2 doenst need dx10. bad microsoft, bad microsoft...

Nitro
01-07-2007, 09:02 PM
Why would u want to do that, inst one of the glories of playing a pc game is using a mouse and keyboard?

It's a console port and that means it was made to be played with a controller. Dunno, I just wantot see how gameplay is with an Xbox controller stuck into a PC. Halo's highest sensitivity it slow as hell though, a great drawback.

EXEcution
01-08-2007, 03:19 AM
It's a console port and that means it was made to be played with a controller. Dunno, I just wantot see how gameplay is with an Xbox controller stuck into a PC. Halo's highest sensitivity it slow as hell though, a great drawback.

I don't understand your reasoning behind the fact that the game is a console port. If you want to use the controller then play the xbox version otherwise the port was made to the PC so that gamers that like to use the mouse and keyboard would get a chance to try it out. The controller will not gain you ANY advantage over the mouse and keyboard.

Caged Anger
01-08-2007, 05:39 AM
whenever I've tried to play FPS games on a console, I couldn't stand how difficult it was to aim.....mouse and keyboard anyday :D

BobtheCkroach
01-08-2007, 03:03 PM
You got me all excited about Halo 2 Nitro, I guess Exe is right, won't be out until 2nd Quarter of the year after Vista is released. Damn I hate Microsoft!

Halo 2 doesn't utilize DirectX 10, but it does require Windows Vista. You will not be able to install it on Windows XP, 2000 or anything else that came before Vista.

I'm sure there will be a hack for it, but until that comes out and is guarenteed to work, I wouldn't spend the $$ unless you're getting Vista.

Actually, nitro, I thought you were 200% against Vista?

NastyDawg
01-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Yeah I agree Bob, looks like no Halo for me. (at least for a year or so)

BobtheCkroach
01-08-2007, 04:08 PM
Yeah I agree Bob, looks like no Halo for me. (at least for a year or so)

You're not really agreeing with me, persay. I personally plan on installing Vista relatively soon. I've messed with the Beta for a while and I like what I see, so far.

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the final product and finding out whether or not gaming runs well on it.

Nitro
01-08-2007, 04:15 PM
Halo 2 doesn't utilize DirectX 10, but it does require Windows Vista. You will not be able to install it on Windows XP, 2000 or anything else that came before Vista.

I'm sure there will be a hack for it, but until that comes out and is guarenteed to work, I wouldn't spend the $$ unless you're getting Vista.

Actually, nitro, I thought you were 200% against Vista?

dude.....you just broke me down

ONLY VISTA?!! Yes, you're right...I DEF will not play it :(

meh...

NastyDawg
01-08-2007, 04:22 PM
I've messed with the Beta for a while and I like what I see, so far.

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the final product and finding out whether or not gaming runs well on it.

I will let you and millions of others "mess" with it and get the bugs worked out, I will get it just not for awhile. Plus i want to build a new system this year and looking to do it in November, I will most likely put Vista on it unless I hear of to many problems.

BobtheCkroach
01-08-2007, 04:56 PM
dude.....you just broke me down

ONLY VISTA?!! Yes, you're right...I DEF will not play it :(

meh...

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Like I said, I'm sure there will be a hack/workaround for it soon enough. It's only using Dx9, so there's no reason that it can't install on XP,other than MS said it can't.

MetEoR
01-08-2007, 04:58 PM
whenever I've tried to play FPS games on a console, I couldn't stand how difficult it was to aim.....mouse and keyboard anyday :D

I think the countrary: I have gradually a better aim with a console joystick... I have Serious Sam for XBOX and when I play a deathmatch with my friends, I always win, first because I have a better training than them 'cause I always play to the PC version, then, because the joystick makes me extremely easy to hit the opponents. Don't know you, but for me it's so.