PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek Fans

Caged Anger
01-10-2007, 06:59 PM
The million dollar question sure to cause small wars to start and babies to cry...

which one is the best :D

BobtheCkroach
01-10-2007, 07:39 PM
Does anything else even come close to TNG?

DS9 was easily second best, but I got sick of the Soap Opera quality that came with some episodes. I hated voyager, never saw Enterprise, and while I like the original movies, I find most of the original episodes pretty boring.

NastyDawg
01-10-2007, 11:20 PM
Well said Bob and I agree!

TheMaster
01-11-2007, 04:58 AM
Well I give a slight edge to DS9, but only the very slightest of edges over Next Gen, which is easily an excellent series in the franchise. I don't like the soapish quality of select DS9 episodes either, but there was a lot of action and development of relations between the major powers, especially in the last two seasons.

I hate to tell you Caged, but you actually missed the short-lived Animated Series, but I gotta ask, does that even count?

Voyager comes in third for me, Enterprise fourth. I thought Enterprise was generally a good series, but I was extremely disappointed with the series finale.

And the original series, I like that the least, but look at it this way. I still think that series was great.

Mpulse
01-11-2007, 05:57 PM
Actually I like them all, but TNG did a great job of bringing back the "ol' guys" from the TOS; I especially like the episode where Scotty was found on a planet locked in a transformer beam. Data was my fav on TNG... my favorite data quote is: "I trust your handprint will activate the door whether you're concious or not."

TheMaster
01-11-2007, 11:34 PM
My favorite Data quote happened from Unification part 2.

Data: I am afraid we cannot allow you to warn your guards.... *Does a Vulcan nerve-pinch on Romulan Sela.*

Spock: Not bad.

MassacreAL
01-12-2007, 09:02 PM
in which star trek was picard? enterprise?

Caged Anger
01-12-2007, 09:33 PM
picard was in TNG and a few time sin Voyager and DS9...although i'm not sure on that

TheMaster
01-12-2007, 09:41 PM
Picard did appear in the series premiere of DS9, though I don't think he appeared in Voyager at all.

TheMaster
01-14-2007, 12:59 AM
With Next Gen the projected winner of the favorite series contest I have a question to keep this thread going and the debate among Trekkers going.Of the ten movies that have came out so far, which one is your favorite. An 11th one is due in theaters next year, but what is your favorite so far, and you have these choices.I: The Motion PictureII: The Wrath of KhanIII: The Search for SpockIV: The Voyage HomeV: The Final FrontierVI: The Undiscovered CountryVII: GenerationsVIII: First ContactIX: InsurrectionX: Nemesis

Caged Anger
01-14-2007, 04:48 AM
there have been 10 star trek movies 0_o.....wow

TheMaster
01-14-2007, 03:20 PM
Yep and the 11th one will be out next year.

BobtheCkroach
01-15-2007, 02:41 PM
Yep and the 11th one will be out next year.

I don't think you should get your hopes up about that one, though. It's supposed to be a prequel to the Original Series. They're going to find young guys to play kirk, spock, etc. I even heard rumors that the director wanted Matt Damon for Kirk and Affleck for Spock.

TheMaster
01-15-2007, 03:37 PM
I don't think you should get your hopes up about that one, though. It's supposed to be a prequel to the Original Series. They're going to find young guys to play kirk, spock, etc. I even heard rumors that the director wanted Matt Damon for Kirk and Affleck for Spock.

So? All that doesn't necessarily translate into a bad film. We have yet to see any of it, and until we do, my hope are up, and you ain't gonna take them down. ;)

BobtheCkroach
01-15-2007, 03:59 PM
So? All that doesn't necessarily translate into a bad film. We have yet to see any of it, and until we do, my hope are up, and you ain't gonna take them down. ;)

Hey, more power to you - I ain't tryin' to take anything away from ya.

I like to get hyped about movies, too, but in this case I feel a lot safer expecting crap and being pleasantly surprised if it isn't.

TheMaster
01-16-2007, 06:05 PM
Well then hopefully you will be very pleased with this movie. I don't see Matt Damon or Ben Affleck being too bad at these roles...... not yet.

Still, let's see who they do hire on for the roles. They still don't have a working title for the film though, so I am very anxious to see how they are going to tackle this. One problem is, a lot of Trekkers already have an idea what they want the original Star Trek characters to be, and worry that anyone new as an actor in the Star Trek franchise may completly botch the characters.

Oh what the hey, it's Star Trek, how bad can it get? :D