PDA

View Full Version : Server Question

Pure_Evil
02-17-2003, 07:18 PM
I was asked this question and couldn't answere so I thought I'd bring it to the Big Brains!

Ok I am running 2186 on the server and it keeps crashing with fatal error. Tokara Forest is not one of the maps in our rotation. It is weird because you will be playing then all of the sudden the lifts stop working and you can still fire your weapons but no bullets come out. Yet you can still run around the map. Any suggestions on what might be causing this? I would love to leave the server up and deticated, but I am having so many problems with it.

I've had it happen before but don't know why. :hmmm:

Sauron
02-17-2003, 07:42 PM
It happens to me too but then mostly my connection was lost that means i couldn't refresh/open websites and my messenger logged out!

Dissectional
02-18-2003, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by Pure_Evil@Feb 17 2003, 02:18 PM
I was asked this question and couldn't answere so I thought I'd bring it to the Big Brains!

Ok I am running 2186 on the server and it keeps crashing with fatal error. Tokara Forest is not one of the maps in our rotation. It is weird because you will be playing then all of the sudden the lifts stop working and you can still fire your weapons but no bullets come out. Yet you can still run around the map. Any suggestions on what might be causing this? I would love to leave the server up and deticated, but I am having so many problems with it.

I've had it happen before but don't know why. :hmmm:
Pure, you should have PM'd me. The server gets an Active Directory error, and hangs. It has nothing to do with UT. I don't know if it is networked with a PDC in a forest or not. This is a Win2K issue. If it is networked, and it no longer is communicating with a domain controller, or a backup, then wierd crap starts to happen.

Pure_Evil
02-18-2003, 10:11 AM
Not our server Diss. That's why in public! :cool:

Dissectional
02-18-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Pure_Evil@Feb 18 2003, 05:11 AM
Not our server Diss. That's why in public! :cool:
Yipe! :oooo:

Pure_Evil
02-19-2003, 12:28 AM
So is their a workaround or fix for it? Or you just can't run UT on Win 2000 server?

Dissectional
02-19-2003, 12:57 AM
What kind of rig is running it?

Fragetti
02-19-2003, 01:03 AM
Sounds like packet loss to me? Does it happen every time you logon?
Are you using the UCC server config ? (or what ever its called) If so and your server is capable Try running the server by going into the game and using the game GUI
See if that fix’s the problem. I haven’t had much luck with the Server config file
But worked fine thru the game.
Fragetti :thumbs:

Dissectional
02-19-2003, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Fragetti@Feb 18 2003, 08:03 PM
Sounds like packet loss to me? Does it happen every time you logon?
Are you using the UCC server config ? (or what ever its called) If so and your server is capable Try running the server by going into the game and using the game GUI
See if that fix’s the problem. I haven’t had much luck with the Server config file
But worked fine thru the game.
Fragetti :thumbs:
I don't think that it is packet loss. Usually a Fatal Error comes from an invalid DLL call or memory address. But who knows?
Microsoft software is so picky sometimes and the error messages are just there to frustrate the hell out of you, 'cause it could be several different things producing the same error. Your best bet is to start with Event Viewer. The application log will tell you if something failed, and may even give you the error code, then you can look that up on the knowledge base.