PDA

View Full Version : I never noticed this part

ME BIGGD01
01-23-2007, 11:56 AM
COD was a great game but I got stuck buying cod1 when they just released 2. That's what you get for no researching.

So are you people still playing this? I bought the bf2 when that came out because I love the concept and these kinds of games most. The problem with BF2 was one it was EA and 2, they started selling expansions after expansion which totally made me stop playing the game. Although I will never make that sort of mistake again buying anything from EA, I do miss this kind of action and may consider picking up cod2 if it is just as good with as many people playing online.

krazy
01-23-2007, 11:42 PM
Well I own CoD 1 also but got it in a package with 2. Never played it. I really enjoy 2 and have gotten familiar with a bunch that plays and its a good time. No bitching etc. We do joke and have a good time but thats what its all about. Played Sam against you a few times and would look forward to seeing you in the servers. I usually play the Exodus and TGR servers and they are full at least 90% of the time.

FUS1ON
01-24-2007, 12:40 AM
Biggs the single player part of CoD2 alone is worth the cost of the game.

OUTLAWS CHICO
01-24-2007, 12:43 AM
Bigg I have been playing only a short time but I like the game. I bought an expansion pack but it was for COD 1`. I haven't heard of one for COD 2 but there may be one. The game is smooth and there are plenty of servers to choose from.I recommend it for you.

ME BIGGD01
01-27-2007, 05:32 PM
I am confused, I am sorry.

If possible can you all tell me which version I need to have. I would like to get it this weekend so I will check this thread before I go and pick it up. I am wondering if all I need is an expansion pack. I look forward to gettting together with you guys.

krazy
01-27-2007, 06:06 PM
Hey Biggs It the same game (CoD2) but different versions like sam 1.05 and 1.07. You will want to set up your folders to play 1.2 and 1.3 at least.

Check out post 16 for multiple set up help http://gamemecca.net/forums/showthread.php?t=80772

Bingo
01-28-2007, 02:27 AM
It looks like most here are playing Call Of Duty 2.

NightBreed
01-28-2007, 04:28 AM
Bigg I have been playing only a short time but I like the game. I bought an expansion pack but it was for COD 1`. I haven't heard of one for COD 2 but there may be one. The game is smooth and there are plenty of servers to choose from.I recommend it for you.

Nope..no expansion pack out there for CoD2.. :( And like Sho says, the single-player game is a helluva good time in it's own right.

See ya in game (1.2 here) :wave:

FUS1ON
01-28-2007, 02:12 PM
Chico and I were looking at it the other night and I guess we will have to reinstall to get to v1.2 to play with you guys, I doubt we will do the multi version thing though at least for now. Each version takes up 3.5 gigs (minimum), 'at this time' i'm not willing to devote that much HD for 3 versions. I might do 2.

OUTLAWS CHICO
01-28-2007, 11:06 PM
I'll do 2 but I am not as knowledgable as Shogun and don't want to attempt messing up my pc like I did with Quake back in the day. Whew that was a mess I thought I was going to need a new pc when I was done.SCARYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

krazy
01-28-2007, 11:52 PM
Shogun thats all I have installed now. 1.2 and 1.3 There are more than enought severs in those two. Hope to see you guys in there:thumbs: Same with you Biggs:D

ME BIGGD01
02-01-2007, 06:06 AM
Well I went to pick the game up and talking with the crew at game spot, they mentioned COD3 will be out in March so I decided not to pick up COD2. I made that mistake with one.

So I will wait until version 3 is out in March. I hope you all do so as well.

I did pick up Vanguard though to see what all the hype was about.

EXEcution
02-01-2007, 06:23 AM
Well I went to pick the game up and talking with the crew at game spot, they mentioned COD3 will be out in March so I decided not to pick up COD2. I made that mistake with one.

So I will wait until version 3 is out in March. I hope you all do so as well.

I did pick up Vanguard though to see what all the hype was about.
Uh the guy you talked to must have been a complete idiot. COD3 is a console-only title, it will not be released on the PC because the developers of COD3 (Treyarch) decided not to port it over.

Buy COD2 and install the 1.3 patch. I've been playing a while now and I can say that the netcode is near perfect: no lag, and the servers are very responsive.

OUTLAWS CHICO
02-01-2007, 06:55 AM
EXE is correct I have had a blast with this game I like the sniper games mostly !!!!!!!!!!!1

ME BIGGD01
02-01-2007, 07:00 AM
Maybe I misunderstood the version he said but I was informed that another version will be out in March. Is this not true? Should I go back there and slap the slob who had his lunch on his t-shirt?

I tried to do a search and see a COD 4 in the works. Is this what he meant?

EXEcution
02-01-2007, 04:38 PM
Maybe I misunderstood the version he said but I was informed that another version will be out in March. Is this not true? Should I go back there and slap the slob who had his lunch on his t-shirt?

I tried to do a search and see a COD 4 in the works. Is this what he meant?
COD4 probably wont be out till March of next year. No officials details have been released yet. There was a leaked video which showed a modern day combat atmosphere so I think that Infinity Ward are going with a BF2-like theme minus the vehicles of course.

My favorite part of COD/COD2 is probably the iron sights. Since you don't really get a crosshair (unless you are sniping) you have to rely on looking down the barrel of your gun and shooting away. This takes a while to get used to but it definitely adds to the gameplay.

OUTLAWS CHICO
02-02-2007, 12:27 AM
Yea it does taking some getting used to but those guys are alot more accurate with those open sights than I am with a scoped sight. I play alot on 1.3 fear sniper server. Man those guys have a nice setup and a good rotation of maps.

EXEcution
02-02-2007, 12:49 AM
The rifles only (not including the scoped rifles) servers are pretty fun too. It doesn't get too "spammy" with everyone spraying bullets everywhere and you can't really camp and expect to hit someone from half way across the map unless you get VERY lucky or are just have a lot of experience with rifles.

BrB
03-03-2007, 10:36 PM
ops, my post never appeared!!! anyway if u need any kind of help, or if u have some question on the game, don t wait and call me!!!

play.station.: EXEcution isn t your avatar the silent hill boss??

OUTLAWS CHICO
03-04-2007, 01:31 AM
BrB am I correct that when you purchase the COD2 games now they are already set up with the 1.2 on them ? When I tried to download the patch it said I already had a 1.2 patch that was installed ?

DiTomasso
03-04-2007, 08:52 AM
BrB am I correct that when you purchase the COD2 games now they are already set up with the 1.2 on them ? When I tried to download the patch it said I already had a 1.2 patch that was installed ?

open the console and theres the answer. :thumbs: