PDA

View Full Version : Idiocracy

BobtheCkroach
03-15-2007, 01:33 PM
Has anyone seen this yet? I thought it was fantastic.

Basic Premise: 2 "average" people (Luke Wilson and Maya Rudolph) get hired by the government to test a "hybernation chamber" chamber for a year. Problem is, after they're asleep, the program is shut down and they end up being asleep for 500 years.

When they wake up, they find themselves in a startlingly different future. Rather than continually increase in knowledge, as it previously had, humanity has decreased in intelligence. The "average" people awake to find themselves the 2 smartest people on the entire planet.

The people of 2505 spend all day eating junk food and they watch shows like "Ow, My Balls!" They no longer drink water, as they decided long ago that it was better to just live off of gatorade.

The style of humor in the movie is a bit "dumb" at times, but it's a creative, funny and original movie. It was created by the guy who did Office Space (Mike Judge) and if you liked that, I recommend this.

OUTLAWS CHICO
03-16-2007, 01:53 AM
So sad it sounds like it could have been a good movie if casted to be serious But I have a problem with movies if it sounds ok I still want to watch it to see for myself lol.

Gun Element
03-19-2007, 04:03 AM
I didnt think that other people would've seen it, but I guess I was wrong. I throughly enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Good stuff to watch with a bunch of friends.

Did anyone else feel like they got stupider after watching this. I know I did.

BobtheCkroach
03-19-2007, 02:19 PM
I need a starbucks...

ROFL :rofl:

Congrats - you got a spittake from me!

Gun Element
03-19-2007, 07:19 PM
I need a starbucks...

lol no one would ever get that when they haven't seen this movie...