PDA

View Full Version : Should I Have Patch 1.3?

ME BIGGD01
04-01-2007, 04:38 AM
I am a bit confused. I got knocked of the gr server because of punk buster error. I had no problem when I had this installed on other computer.

ME BIGGD01
04-01-2007, 04:44 AM
Well I installed and now I cannot join. Why is it there are people still running 1.2 when there is a newer version out? I would think less hacks in newer version.

PJ'l_Master
04-01-2007, 03:19 PM
not sure, i installed 1.3, then went to play on the grim reapers server and the exodus one and they're both runnin 1.2, so i system restored it back to before the patch so i didnt have to reinstall :P

ME BIGGD01
04-01-2007, 05:12 PM
when you say system restored what do you mean? A complete or there is a way to restore to previous game point?

OUTLAWS CHICO
04-01-2007, 09:48 PM
I play 1.3 ,don't think I can say why they don't get the 1.3 patch here.

ME BIGGD01
04-02-2007, 12:05 AM
That's what I am trying to figure out. Why is it they have not updated it. I guess I will keep it at 1.3. I would like to play with people I know though.

krazy
04-02-2007, 10:40 PM
We keep the servers on 1.2 because there is not as many a^&holes and with a bit smaller player base there is the oppurtunity to recognize familiar faces. I know Biggs doent talk during a game but I still find it enjoyable to see familiar faces. The other reason is I had a server running 1.3 and it was empty most of the time. There is so many serves in 1.3 that you might become populare, you might not. I dont like paying for a server that has minimal amounts of pple. On 1.2, the DM and TDM are usually at 85% capacity. The 20 man sniper server usually takes a person or 2 to join and then players come rolling in.

However if you guys think there is enough call for it I have an extra server based in NYC that I can set to 1.3 :thumbs:

PJ'l_Master
04-03-2007, 03:49 PM
when you say system restored what do you mean? A complete or there is a way to restore to previous game point?

no no, after i figured out i couldnt play on 1.2 servers with teh 1.3 patch i used windows system restore to get back to the point before i installed the 1.3 patch, then simply put 1.2 on instead. i coulda reinstalled the game, but it woulda taken longer

FUS1ON
04-03-2007, 06:37 PM
Krazy if that is the only reason then that explanation makes a lot of sense to me. I didn't want to uninstall/reinstall, but I might do it now.

ME BIGGD01
04-03-2007, 10:47 PM
I just did a clean install because for some reason I notice some things in 1.3 I did not like. First thing I noticed was that the servers that I fplayed on just plainly sucked. I liked the GR servers because it seemed very accurate when you were in a battle.

As far as talking in the game I have tried to say hello to you when I saw you in game and others but I am a nube to it and have not figured it out yet how to.

I am now back at 1.2 and my cousin has now picked up the game so we will both be hitting the servers when we get the chance.

krazy
04-04-2007, 01:53 AM
Krazy if that is the only reason then that explanation makes a lot of sense to me. I didn't want to uninstall/reinstall, but I might do it now.

What more reason do you need than to run in and beat Krazy :P

To talk in game you need to press (default) t for everyone and y for your team. If your dead or spectating your message might or might not be seen. I dont take it personal If someone doesnt say Hi. I just assume your to into the game and/or didnt see me saying something :D

DiTomasso
04-04-2007, 03:59 PM
if you get those pb errors, you should download punkbuster and do a manual update for the pb files. Sometimes the auto update is not working correct, at least thats what i encoutered. :D

NightBreed
04-15-2007, 02:00 PM
We keep the servers on 1.2 because there is not as many a^&holes and with a bit smaller player base there is the oppurtunity to recognize familiar faces. I know Biggs doent talk during a game but I still find it enjoyable to see familiar faces. The other reason is I had a server running 1.3 and it was empty most of the time. There is so many serves in 1.3 that you might become populare, you might not. I dont like paying for a server that has minimal amounts of pple. On 1.2, the DM and TDM are usually at 85% capacity. The 20 man sniper server usually takes a person or 2 to join and then players come rolling in.

:thumbs: What he said !! :wave: Most of us know each other on our own and the TGR servers on 1.2, makes the game a helluva lot more enjoyable.

GG Krazy !!