PDA

View Full Version : Worst Endings

Gun Element
04-02-2007, 08:10 AM
I've seen alot of anime in my time and I have to say, the endings are hard to work with.

In most cases I try... I mean try REALLY hard to accept the fact that is the ending with a good positive outlook. I try to say "hey thats a good ending" even though at first I was shocked; "omg thats IT!?" or "WTF" and fling my hands in the air like an idiot.

The reason I bring this up is because I just finished His and Her Circumstances and it was a pretty good series. It was full of humor and drama, but it basically came crashing down after the 20th episode. It didn't end, LITERALLY, and it won't ever end. I'd say more but Ill spoil the end (haha) Their were other little flaws such as re-capping almost half the time, but since it was so good, it was worth watching the episode again on the next episode :D... (gets sidetracked from topic)

But when it comes to worst endings in anime, Tenjho Tenge tops it. Second worst might be Gunslinger Girl but I haven't decided if it did end in good terms. Life is so hard sometimes :P

Caged Anger
04-02-2007, 01:34 PM
ah, anime has a long tradition of crappy endings. I reason this results from anime producers needing to always leave the opening for a sequel.

I usually find myself hating the ending of every anime I watch, the worst one's though IMHO were Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo

BobtheCkroach
04-02-2007, 02:00 PM
ah, anime has a long tradition of crappy endings. I reason this results from anime producers needing to always leave the opening for a sequel.

I usually find myself hating the ending of every anime I watch, the worst one's though IMHO were Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo

Bebop was definitely left that way for a sequel. The sequel was planned before they eventually decided against it.

SPOILER:
They were going to have Spike survive somehow, but then decided to leave it be. knowing that, I choose to believe that Spike survived the final episode.

In any case, I liked the Bebop ending! Felt appropriate to me.

Can't honestly remember the ending to Champloo. Guess I'll have to re-borrow and re-watch that one ^_^

I remember saying "that was it??!" to a lot of shows, but I can't actually remember any of them now.

I just re-read how Trigun ended...didn't have a problem with that....Ninja Scroll...fine...FMP...fine...I can't honestly remember any bad endings, even though I know i've seen a few.

Gun Element
04-02-2007, 04:35 PM

Thats interesting knowing the shows were made by the same people. At any rate, I'd say I was quite pleased with the ending to both of them. Felt complete and everything :)

Dangerous Dan
04-02-2007, 07:00 PM
Tenjho Tenge tops it.

without question.

although Hellsing also ended pretty poorly. Nothing good can come from a series under 10 episodes that leaves on a note that high... regardless of how amazing the final fight scene is.

the most complete ending I've seen would have to be in Blood+. fifty episodes in and it left nothing more to be desired, complete closure.

Gun Element
04-02-2007, 09:39 PM
without question.

although Hellsing also ended pretty poorly. Nothing good can come from a series under 10 episodes that leaves on a note that high... regardless of how amazing the final fight scene is.

the most complete ending I've seen would have to be in Blood+. fifty episodes in and it left nothing more to be desired, complete closure.

Speaking of short series, FLCL only had 6 episodes and the ending was acceptable. The only problem was that I wanted more because of its shortness (if thats a word) :P