PDA

View Full Version : Grindhouse

BobtheCkroach
04-16-2007, 06:49 PM
Has anyone else seen this yet? It's too bad that it's not doing well in theaters - it was fantastic!

the biggest problem is that it's a huge parody of 1970's drive-in movie style, and I guess it's lost on the majority of movie-goers nowadays. If you can appreciate the parody humor, though, you'll find this movie incredibly funny.

It's a a complete double feature - there's a full-length horror flick called "Planet Terror" followed by a full-length "cheesy" action flick called "Death Proof". In between are made-up previews for "upcoming" movies that are absolutely hysterical.

I highly recommend going to see Grindhouse if you get a chance, especially if you enjoy somewhat cheesy movies. It was absolutely fantastic, and the humor was top-notch!

OUTLAWS CHICO
04-17-2007, 03:56 AM
Yea I was loooking forward to seeing this one but I knew that with the directors that made this one it was going to be a little differant

EXEcution
04-17-2007, 03:01 PM
Planet Terror was great. Death Proof was, like you said, a bit cheesy. Tarantino really loves writing mindless dialog. It's not doing "well" in the theaters because of fewer showings of the film due to its lenght. But I'm sure that it will sell like crazy on DVD.

SoulReaver
04-18-2007, 07:48 PM
Def' want to see this, but none of my friends do. Oh well, guess I'll see it when it comes out on DVD.

BIGSHOW201
12-30-2007, 05:44 AM
Grindhouse was great so is Deathproof