PDA

View Full Version : Superbad

BobtheCkroach
08-24-2007, 01:49 PM
It was fantastic.

Couple things to note: It was absolutely vulgar. If you don't like frequent swearing and sexual references, this is NOT your movie. That said, the movie was absolutely hysterical.

I've read a review where they said that Superbad will be to this generation what Dazed and Confused was the the 90's and Fast Times at Ridgemont High was to the 80s, and if that's the case, that's some high praise.

Those who found 40 year old virgin, old school, etc funny, and dont' mind the "dirty" content getting kicked up a bit is exactly who this movie is for.

I've read that the older generations don't appreciate this movie quite as much, so that's something to consider.

Both the main kids do a fantastic job and it's a fun movie the entire time.

The story revolves around 1 friday night, a few weeks before graduation. There's a party goin' down and both the main characters feel this is the perfect time to get with their dream girl before the summer and college. They're left responsible for getting the alcohol for the party and the hilarity ensues.

chika-chika ye-ah. :thumbs:

Asian Invasian
08-24-2007, 03:12 PM
I was waiting for someone to post something on this. This is now my favorite movie, it was the funniest thing I have ever seen. Its a must see if you like comedies.

Nitro
08-24-2007, 03:18 PM
I never laughed during any movie more than this one.

Absolutely awesome.

EXEcution
08-24-2007, 07:27 PM
Best part of the movie. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN67O44AjYA)

Asian Invasian
08-24-2007, 11:32 PM
Hahahaha, im going to see it again tomorrow, its the best thing to happen to mankind.

ME BIGGD01
08-25-2007, 12:19 AM
wow, it really was that good? I love them kind of flicks. I may just go see it. I just lost so much faith in the movies these day.

Asian Invasian
08-25-2007, 03:16 AM
Well if you like movies that have no plot and are ridiculous. Then its the best.

Caged Anger
08-25-2007, 04:22 AM
Well if you like movies that have no plot and are ridiculous. Then its the best.

yea, not my kind of movie...

to be honest, i wish i could get the time back in my life i wasted watching it :D

BobtheCkroach
08-25-2007, 04:37 AM
yea, not my kind of movie...

to be honest, i wish i could get the time back in my life i wasted watching it :D

Caged, don't be such a vagina! ;)

Caged Anger
08-25-2007, 01:30 PM
I'll admit it had its funny parts (the cops were %$$#'ing hillarious)

but overall, it kinda bored me

Nitro
08-25-2007, 07:16 PM
You're weird Caged

ME BIGGD01
08-25-2007, 07:52 PM
Some times a movie is still worth it if it makes you laugh. My wife hates dumb and dumber where I found myself cracking up. Something about mary was another. I like all kinds of humor and don't mind laughing. I will say that for 11 bucks for the movie and 10 bucks for the treats the movie better be worth it.

Asian Invasian
08-25-2007, 11:41 PM
If you don't laugh then you have no sense of humor.

PJ'l_Master
08-26-2007, 01:04 PM
after seeing it last night i thought the name was QUITE fitting

BobtheCkroach
08-27-2007, 05:33 AM
after seeing it last night i thought the name was QUITE fitting

In the bad means bad, or bad means good sense?

PJ'l_Master
08-27-2007, 09:02 AM
In the bad means bad, or bad means good sense?
SUPER

bad.

(in a bad way)

EXEcution
08-27-2007, 11:35 AM
PJ doesn't seem to care for most things that come from the entertainment industry that caters to our demographic.

PJ'l_Master
08-27-2007, 07:52 PM
PJ doesn't seem to care for most things that come from the entertainment industry that caters to our demographic.

alot of times i do, but then again ive always preferred the company of adults to people my own age, they're conversations are normally more interesting :P

dont get me wrong the movie had funny parts, but overall, it was pretty bad

EricC
08-29-2007, 01:39 AM
alot of times i do, but then again ive always preferred the company of adults to people my own age, they're conversations are normally more interesting :P

I agree with you 100%, you should join this cool club im in called NAMBLA. You could meet all kinds of interesting, mature people that would genuinely love to get to know you better.

EXEcution
08-29-2007, 08:31 PM
I agree with you 100%, you should join this cool club im in called NAMBLA. You could meet all kinds of interesting, mature people that would genuinely love to get to know you better.

Nah PJ is much too old for that. :(

PJ'l_Master
08-29-2007, 09:18 PM
"Welcome to the Home Page of the North American Man/Boy Love Association"

ill pass...