PDA

View Full Version : Crashing Problem Solved! (woot)

Caged Anger
09-13-2007, 02:30 AM
The ram guys over at the corsair forums suggested I try slowing down the memory speed for 400 to 333 and it worked. System runs faster and smoother than ever

ME BIGGD01
09-13-2007, 04:33 AM
Screw that, why slow it down. raise the voltage a tad to the ram and see if that corrects the problem. RMA the board as it may have a fault in it not giving the slots enough juice. Check the voltage specs to the ram ans see if the board is providing that juice as it should be. That should be your answer and not settling for slower performance.

Caged Anger
09-15-2007, 02:33 AM
first off, the board is a year old and definately not worth the aggravation of loosing it for who knows how long, second, its running just fine and it was the techs at corsair that suggested I slow the speed down a tad

ME BIGGD01
09-15-2007, 07:14 PM
try bumping the power to the modules up a bit and see if that helps. Also see if a bios update has fixed the problem.

Caged Anger
09-16-2007, 10:29 PM
you know I downlaoded a bios flash but didn't install it....kinda reluctant to as Epox is less than detailed about what the update addresses, but I'll look into it as well as bumping the voltage. I've been so busy lately I haven't had time to get anything in but homework and some episodes of star trek voyager :D