PDA

View Full Version : 3:10 to Yuma - A must movie to watch

SASQUATCH
10-10-2007, 04:26 PM
Christian Bale and Russell Crowe new movie is an excellent western movie I haven’t seen so well written and played in a long time since the Unforgiving with Clint Eastwood and Morgan freeman. This movie will be up for best picture of the year and for best actor. I feel Christian Bale will be up for nomination for best actor.

Excellent movie and well done, best movie western I have seen in a while.

3:10 to Yuma * * * * Four stars I give it.

OUTLAWS CHICO
10-10-2007, 06:55 PM
Thanks Sas have been wanting to see this one but the woman said she heard bad reviews of it and chose to wait for the dvd to come out. Lately it seems the young crowd is so disrespectful and we try to see movies when it is a school night lol.

SASQUATCH
10-10-2007, 07:04 PM
hehehehe I hear you buddy.

You both will enjoy this movie, these two fine actors did a hell of a job.

ME BIGGD01
10-11-2007, 10:03 AM
ahhhh, great to hear, I love westerns. I will probablyhave to wait to see this on DVD because not many people here can enjoy this stuff. I like RC also and think he is a great actor. I just may have to go and see this by myself if it's that good.

Caged Anger
10-12-2007, 03:38 AM
I was very impressed. I was afraid that CG would overtake all the classic effects that made the western great. Instead, 3:10 stayed true to an authentic western and even still managed to get a few wide pans of the landscape. Nowadays i bet those shots are hard to come by. Thumbs up...even if the end was a bit odd

BIGSHOW201
01-05-2008, 08:29 AM
this movie is getting great reviews here it will be on DVD jan 8th, and in my Collection as well. cause the Bigshow said so !!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbs:

EXEcution
01-11-2008, 11:37 PM
In my opinion, this movie was bad.

The acting and visuals were outstanding, and as much as I wanted to like the movie, I couldn't get around the illogical storyline.

You might say, c'mon it's entertainment it doesn't need to be logical. However, the instances in this movie were so over the top that the movie lost its entertainment value.

Care to cite any examples because I thought the story was fairly believable.

EXEcution
01-13-2008, 06:12 AM
they camp with another campfire, the Indians attack, then Wade (handcuffed - with his hands in the front) kills them all and then..gives himself up...he gives himself up alot in this movie.

I can agree with you on the other points but I think the idea that Wade gives himself up is because has taking a liking to Evans and want to see just how dedicated he is to his cause. I don't think that he has ever come across the sort of passion and bravery Evans possesses so he is naturally attracted to him and perhaps sees an image of himself in Evans.

EXEcution
01-14-2008, 12:21 AM
I kinda got that too....but he was sociopathic killer. Proven by what he did in the end. It just didn't fit for me.

Typical Hollywood ending of course. Good must always triumph over evil.

BobtheCkroach
01-14-2008, 02:40 PM
Overall, I liked the movie. I didn't mind the ending except for one thing.

I'm fine with Dan dying, and I'm fine with Ben giving himself up. They made it clear through some dialogue that he's escaped the prison twice before. Knowing that, and knowing that he whistled to the horse at the end, my interpretation was that after hearing Dan's story, he decides to allow himself to be captured, so that Dan can be the hero, knowing full well that he'll just escape quickly anyways.

What I don't get/like is that after Dan died, crowe gets out and finishes off the gang, then proceeds to get back onto the train and be captured. Doesn't this ruin the whole point? I mean, the kid no longer thinks that Dan did it, exactly (or at least, shouldn't).

BIGSHOW201
02-04-2008, 01:34 AM
yes I finally seen this western last night it was A great Piece of work well worth the wait.. I give it :thumbs: :thumbs:

FUS1ON
05-26-2008, 03:12 AM
It's a 'good' rental movie. It was not as good as I was expecting and for exactly for the same reasons already posted here, some parts just didn't make sense.

I think I would watch it again just for entertainment .... I give it a 7

OUTLAWS CHICO
05-28-2008, 01:45 AM
A good movie I liked it very much.