PDA

View Full Version : Reign Over Me

BobtheCkroach
11-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Did anyone else see this, by chance?

This movie caught me totally off-guard.

I guess I just mistook the commercials. I knew the premise - Adam Sandler's family died in one of the 9/11 planes, and he's been coping rather poorly since. Cheadle, his former college roommate, tries to reconnect - but I was expecting a movie that started in this sad place, then progressed to a lighter, happier psuedo-comedy as Cheadle helped Sandler return to a "normal" life and enjoy life again.

Wow, that was kind off base.

The movie is very, very well done, and I highly recommend it, but at least for me, it's a very depressing movie, and somewhat difficult to watch.

Sandler and Cheadle were both fantastic in the film - Sandler specifically was just incredibly good.

Just wondering if others took away a different feeling from this. I felt left with a sense of depression and hopelessness, myself, but i'm not exactly sure that's what the movie was trying to convey and I wonder if someone else had a different reaction?

Bingo
11-09-2007, 02:08 AM
It's been on my radar of movies to check out sometime. Guess I'll have to move it up.

On a related note, I really REALLY liked Pearl Jam's cover of Reign O'er Me that they did for the soundtrack. Very awesome+2!

B

BobtheCkroach
11-09-2007, 03:40 AM
I saw it. Very strange film.

I didn't get hopelessness from the movie, but rather an insight on how the mind may cope and deal with a traumatic event.

I enjoyed the film and wanted to go buy the game.

I guess by hopelessness I was mainly refering to

the fact that while the give a glimmer of hope for Sandler, via the one chick, he's still basically living in his world at the end. He didn't reconnect with reality or anything...I guess maybe that's somewhat realistic, just not very uplifting, I guess.

SASQUATCH
11-10-2007, 06:48 AM
It was well done and I like A. Sandler and this movie was will written and put together just about right.