PDA

View Full Version : Jokela School shooting.

Virus
11-11-2007, 10:05 PM
This has been all the week on the news at Finland.

Jokela, however, is best known for the Jokela school shooting, a school shooting which occurred on November 7, 2007. At approximately 11:44 local time (9:44 UTC) Pekka-Eric Auvinen opened fire at the Jokela High School. The incident resulted in the deaths of nine people[2][3]: five male pupils and one female pupil; the school principal; the school nurse; and the shooter himself, who was also one of the school's pupils. Hours before the incident, the shooter posted a video on YouTube predicting the massacre at the school.

This is the second time that a school shooting has occurred in Finland. The previous incident occurred in 1989 at the Raumanmeri school in Rauma, when a 14-year-old fatally shot two fellow students.

This link is not the video Pekka-Eric posted before the massacre, but it tells a lot about the massacre. http://youtube.com/watch?v=O6XpXBvJw-0
I think the video he posted is deleted. (Not sure.)

Very sad incident. :(

Bingo
11-11-2007, 10:21 PM
Wow. That's harsh. I will never, ever understand the mindset of someone who would or could do such a thing. I'm sorry you folks have to experience that.

PyronoX
11-14-2007, 03:03 PM
Its really really sad , we talked about it today in school , :(

FUS1ON
11-14-2007, 04:13 PM
It's so sad that things like this happen

QuietStorm
11-14-2007, 04:16 PM
We never talk about something like that at school:(

how could that happen?

Siron Ex
11-14-2007, 04:20 PM
There was a website offering the content which has been banned from Youtube (two vids) and also content from his very own server (.doc files etc.)..

I got it all but the link to the website seems to be dead.. So if anyone is interested, PM me.

Terrible but also interesting thing, because actually this wasn't a simple school shooting.

Virus
11-15-2007, 09:14 PM
There was a website offering the content which has been banned from Youtube (two vids) and also content from his very own server (.doc files etc.)..

I got it all but the link to the website seems to be dead.. So if anyone is interested, PM me.

Terrible but also interesting thing, because actually this wasn't a simple school shooting.

That's right. He had planned that for a long time and posting the videos and writing to other forums etc.

Virus
11-15-2007, 09:16 PM
Its really really sad , we talked about it today in school , :(

Didn't some guys in Sweden send some joke threathing about this on some school and it was taken seriously?

TOMMEK
11-15-2007, 09:34 PM
yea :( we talked about this too (school)

D@rkness
11-15-2007, 09:54 PM
damm the clip was removed :down:

PyronoX
11-16-2007, 02:07 PM
Didn't some guys in Sweden send some joke threathing about this on some school and it was taken seriously?

Yeah , some guys here in Sweden are jokin' about doing the same , fkking f00ls, >_<

Virus
11-16-2007, 09:59 PM
Yeah , some guys here in Sweden are jokin' about doing the same , fkking f00ls, >_<

Fools exactly. >_<