PDA

View Full Version : The Golden Compass!

Caged Anger
12-31-2007, 02:50 AM
Absolutely awesome, incredable piece of work (CGI alone makes it worthwhile)

Granted, I have heard some negative feedback as to the accuracy of the book vs movie transition, however it was a wonderful movie and kept me glued to my seat. (Armored Polarbears FTW!!!):thumbs: :thumbs:

Black Rose
12-31-2007, 07:40 AM
Yes, this movie ist really great :wub:
I love the Harry Potter movies very much and thought "there will be no other movie, which can fascinate myself like the Potters" but this movie "The Golden Compass" is really incredible and I canīt wait till the second part will come out :)
The actors are fantastic and the computer animation is awesome. :wub:
I really recomend to watch the movie for peeps who love "Fantasy". :wave:

@ DE you said in Sas thread there was a statement about antireligious theme... the movie is "fantasy art work" and if you believe all and everything in every movie, then you will always find antireligious contents.
Watch it and then you can honestly criticize. And I bet, you will love it, cause you love the Potter movies too ;)

SASQUATCH
12-31-2007, 04:20 PM
The Golden Compass was a fun movie to watch animation was very well done.
I give it a 3 Star.

Caged Anger
12-31-2007, 08:18 PM
Yes, this movie ist really great :wub:
I love the Harry Potter movies very much and thought "there will be no other movie, which can fascinate myself like the Potters" but this movie "The Golden Compass" is really incredible and I canīt wait till the second part will come out :)
The actors are fantastic and the computer animation is awesome. :wub:
I really recomend to watch the movie for peeps who love "Fantasy". :wave:

@ DE you said in Sas thread there was a statement about antireligious theme... the movie is "fantasy art work" and if you believe all and everything in every movie, then you will always find antireligious contents.
Watch it and then you can honestly criticize. And I bet, you will love it, cause you love the Potter movies too ;)

I myself was given a stern tongue lashing about this topic. The movie isn't anti-religious, its anti-blind-following

Ask questions, seek out the truth and your own beliefs, whatever they may be

merkwannabe
01-24-2008, 09:41 PM
I think the Chronicles of Narnia was a better film.. anyone agree? disagree? alive? hello?

EXEcution
01-24-2008, 09:59 PM
I think the Chronicles of Narnia was a better film.. anyone agree? disagree? alive? hello?

I have not seen TGS but I found CoN to be horrible. The CG work sucked and it was utter sh*t. Agree?

BobtheCkroach
01-25-2008, 02:22 PM
I have not seen TGS but I found CoN to be horrible. The CG work sucked and it was utter sh*t. Agree?

Thought the CGI was fine (nothing I hadn't seen before, but fine) and I thought they did a great job. I loved it.

merkwannabe
02-15-2008, 11:12 AM
I have not seen TGS but I found CoN to be horrible. The CG work sucked and it was utter sh*t. Agree?I think I saw the second one.. I'm not sure if there's a difference in cg quality.. that and I saw it on a very unrefined television.

EXEcution
02-15-2008, 03:55 PM
I think I saw the second one.. I'm not sure if there's a difference in cg quality.. that and I saw it on a very unrefined television.

There's a second one?

Afaik there is a BBC version and a USA? version. I saw the latter but I assume that the former is far superior since all American movies are dreadfully cliche.

SASQUATCH
02-15-2008, 11:02 PM
I have always been an enthusiast of movies with a wonderful imaginary creative story like Narnia. I like the youngest girl of the siblings and I do like how the story begins and now the latest one that is coming out in May 16 of this year, The Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian.

Looking forward to seeing it. . .

http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/narnia/

Caged Anger
02-18-2008, 04:08 PM
indeed, I'm also going to be going to it