PDA

View Full Version : Cloverfield

PJ'l_Master
01-20-2008, 07:28 PM
"WOW!"

thats the only thing i can say (in a good way)

PJ'l_Master
01-20-2008, 09:36 PM
it was amazing, the whole way through, and there was only one time where i thought MAYBE it was CGI (a scene with only marines in it) the story was great, but at the same time it hit really close to home for me with the main char and his best friend / love interest. some people will say they hated the ending im sure, but for the reason i just said it was phenomenal from my point of view. the camera was kinda hard to get used to, and if you get motion sickness easy your pretty screwed if you wanna see it. DEFINITELY one of my favorite movies of all time

BIGSHOW201
01-20-2008, 09:45 PM
:watch: :thumbs:

chouderlaughs
01-21-2008, 02:21 AM
i thought it was very entertaining...however if you're looking for any sort of answers this movie doesn't have it. i left with so many questions that it was pretty ridiculous.

however, the whole movie kept me wanting more.

what happened to the girl that got bitten? did they kill it with the bombs? why was it there? what is it? how did the video tape survive?

FUS1ON
01-21-2008, 02:37 AM
I've been wanting to see this movie, it looks good.

BobtheCkroach
01-21-2008, 02:47 AM
Saw it with PJ, loved it.

The ending wasn't my favorite, but it was much an awesome ride all the way along that I can overlook that.

I absolutely recommend seeing it - people with motion sickness - pop that dramamine, bring a bag...it's worth puking!

PJ'l_Master
01-21-2008, 03:25 AM
i thought it was very entertaining...however if you're looking for any sort of answers this movie doesn't have it. i left with so many questions that it was pretty ridiculous.

however, the whole movie kept me wanting more.

what happened to the girl that got bitten? did they kill it with the bombs? why was it there? what is it? how did the video tape survive?

they show you what happend to the first question you asked just before it actually happens to her, the VERY dead soldier that goes by on the gurney. hope that helps haha

chouderlaughs
01-21-2008, 03:27 AM
ah that makes sense...i never really put two and two together

PJ'l_Master
01-21-2008, 10:53 AM
ah that makes sense...i never really put two and two together

yea, i didnt either till bob said something about it when i brought it up

Sexyjess
01-21-2008, 12:08 PM
:O now i must see it lol

PJ'l_Master
01-21-2008, 08:02 PM
:O now i must see it lol

it seems to be a pretty love hate kinda movie jess, i havent heard anyone who thought it was only ok yet

SASQUATCH
02-04-2008, 01:03 AM
it seems to be a pretty love hate kinda movie jess, i havent heard anyone who thought it was only ok yet

Let me be the first one to say it was ok. I give it 2 1/2 stars which means to me it was ok and can wait for dvd.

Heheheh :D

Asian Invasian
02-04-2008, 02:12 AM
Amazing movie, and amazing ending, perfect I loved it.

ME BIGGD01
03-05-2008, 12:36 PM
I just watcheed this flick and I can see where some may not like the cam deal but I will say that it was actually cool how they did it. I will honestly say I enjoyed it. I am in Manhattan everyday and I picture that thing around. I actually felt as if I was running with those guys sometimes which is what mad ethe movie thatmuch better.

I am very critical of movies today and I give this 2 thumbs up. I want to see Godzilla fight this thing which would be great if they made another just like that.

FUS1ON
05-14-2008, 02:54 PM
I watched it last night and I also thought is was just OK. The opening party sequence was BOOOOORING, I know it was needed to setup the relationships and was only like 15 minutes long, but it was 15 minutes of pure hell.

BUT once that was over it was fast paced action and pretty entertaining. The special effects were great and monster scenes looked very convincing. In the decriptions that i've read, they said it was a "monster" (singular) movie, but there were those other smaller ones (plural), it would have been better if there was some explaination of where the monsters were from or what their relationship was to each other, but I guess that was part of the movie's effect it was supposed to leave you with.

I didn't mind the camera so much, you just have to remember the story is being told though a hand held video camera and the person is getting knocked around often or sitting it down or etc ..... I agree about the ending, I wanted more or something different but I guess the writers/directors were going for one of those times where you were left with a wtf happened feeling and many questions unanswered .... i'd say they achieved their goal.

It's worth renting and i'd give it a 6/10

FUS1ON
05-26-2008, 07:17 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1060277/

I really enjoyed this movie. It's shot from the perspective of a small group of friends on a hand-held camcorder while NYC is attacked by a monster. It sounds really hokey, but I found it to be very involving from beginning to end.

Rent it. :thumbs:

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it's already been reviewed here. /sigh