PDA

View Full Version : Wow it is getting impossible

ME BIGGD01
04-25-2008, 01:36 AM
This really sucks for a person like me who saves a lot of money buying over the web.

http://wcbstv.com/technology/ny.internet.tax.2.707820.html

I would love to slap the person who complained saying people don't buy they just look and order from the web. Anyone who lives in NY knows that the prices are crap and so is the service god forbid you need to return something. The sales tax is expensive as it is considering the rest of the taxes we pay. At almost 9 % this is going to kill me as it adds up with thousands of merchandise I order. I think last year my purchases from New Egg were close to $15,000 and around $20,000 from D and H. Times that at 8.65% and it adds up:bawling: .

Grimmy
04-25-2008, 02:12 AM
That will be the next thing they tax in IA. They taxing everything it seems now :(

Nitro
04-25-2008, 03:05 AM
This really sucks for a person like me who saves a lot of money buying over the web.

http://wcbstv.com/technology/ny.internet.tax.2.707820.html

I would love to slap the person who complained saying people don't buy they just look and order from the web. Anyone who lives in NY knows that the prices are crap and so is the service god forbid you need to return something. The sales tax is expensive as it is considering the rest of the taxes we pay. At almost 9 % this is going to kill me as it adds up with thousands of merchandise I order. I think last year my purchases from New Egg were close to $15,000 and around $20,000 from D and H. Times that at 8.65% and it adds up:bawling: .

Do you think there is a way for us to order to a New Jersey address in order to not pay this tax, if it goes into effect? I could theoretically order something to a friend's address in NJ and pick it up and not pay any tax.

Asian Invasian
04-25-2008, 03:22 AM
wtf.. :(

OUTLAWS high ping camper
04-25-2008, 05:16 AM
Do you think there is a way for us to order to a New Jersey address in order to not pay this tax, if it goes into effect? I could theoretically order something to a friend's address in NJ and pick it up and not pay any tax.

Yes, you can do that.

Washington state has been charging sales tax on net purchases for awhile now. I know folks who buy something and have it shipped to our office in Oregon (no sales tax there).

ME BIGGD01
04-25-2008, 12:02 PM
I don't want to sound like I have any problem paying my taxes but here in NY it is almost as bad as the air is next to be taxed. It is frustrating because I ask myself where the hell the money is being spent. If you smoke, you definetly do not want to buy them here. Currently a pack of cigs will cost you 7 and change and going up again this month. This also goes for lets say my property tax is 9000.00 a year and the gas taxes are very high. Currently Gas here is over 3.81 and thats from the no name places. You know if the living was cleaner and the schools were all top notch I would not complain one bit but I will be honest to anyone looking to come here as a vacation, don't!!! This place is a cesspool and unless you have a strong stomach for the smell of piss or dirty aids infected beggars every where you turn asking you to help them out then please enjoy yourself. This city would be better off nuked and the air would probably be cleaner. I wonder if we Yanks would actually live through a nuclear explosion being we are immuned to the smog.

When all is set and done and my wife passes on, I am selling everything, packing up, driving to the border, taking a shit, raising two middle fingers and not looking back.

Mad Fox
04-25-2008, 12:18 PM
This sucks

Nitro
04-25-2008, 07:22 PM
Amen Biggs