PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones

BobtheCkroach
05-27-2008, 02:15 PM
Wow, no thread on this yet!

Overall, I gotta say that the movie was far better than I expected. Shia was much more convincing in his role that I could have possibly anticipated.

The movie had the same feel as the old ones, and Ford did a fantastic job of playing the part, despite his age.

There were a couple moments that were a bit ridiculous, but I suppose one suspends reality a bit when watching the series.

I'm talking about the nuclear explosion scene and the tarzan-style vine scene.

The movie was a fun romp of stunts and action, and definitely entertained.

Admittantly, I've never been the biggest fan of the Indiana Jones series, but I think this was a fantastic addition to the series - hopefully Lucas, Ford and Spielberg can get their act together and whip one more out!

FUS1ON
05-27-2008, 03:21 PM
This one is on my want to see list for sure.

EXEcution
05-27-2008, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the review. I will be seeing it next week.

OUTLAWS CHICO
05-28-2008, 01:42 AM
Good movie Indiana Jones to the max. Story line good stunts well done,Good movie if you liked the first 2 you'll like this one !!

Silverfox
05-28-2008, 08:07 PM
Just been to see it, if you are a Indiana Jones fan then this is a must see film.
Brilliant..:thumbs:

He Is Legend
05-29-2008, 01:21 PM
Well if anyone watched as much Indiana as I did growing up as a kid. I don't see how you really enjoyed it that much.

Harrison Ford ( Indiana ) to me in this movie just doesn't care about his role anymore. He's so non shalant with his acting, as if he's bored. I'm really dissapointed with this movie seeing as how I have waited forever and a day to see it.

Some parts of the movie were really cool though, I don't know how to use the spoiler thing so I wont give any of it away. Shia LaBeouf played a pretty good role as the smart-ass kid for being a Disney kid.

all in all I give this movie a 2 out of 5

hopefully Lucas, Ford and Spielberg can get their act together and whip one more out! Oh god, I hope not.

FUS1ON
05-29-2008, 03:30 PM
I saw it lastnight and thought it was excellent. The special effects, storyline and action were outstanding as is to be expected from a Spielberg movie. If you are a Indiana Jones fan, you should enjoy this adventure for sure.

Black Rose
05-29-2008, 03:40 PM
I think itīs a good movie, but I am with Bob about some ridiculous moments.
All in all itīs entertaining :)

Sirc
05-31-2008, 01:43 AM
I've enjoyed all of the previous Indiana Jones movies, and I enjoyed this one. If you are a fan of the series you'll love it, if not then, well, it's an Indiana Jones movie.

I recommend it. :thumbs:

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
05-31-2008, 01:52 AM
There was a whole lotta cheese on that pizza. I loved the first ones. This one was just as good.

Pathos
06-10-2008, 02:38 AM
There are CGI gophers in this movie.

Just to re-iterate: there are, in fact, CGI, short-tailed, wacky burrowing rodents in this, an Indy film for which we have waited nigh on 20 years.

Only the penitent man shall pass.

This concludes my warn-- review.

EXEcution
06-10-2008, 02:46 AM
There are CGI gophers in this movie.

Just to re-iterate: there are, in fact, CGI, short-tailed, wacky burrowing rodents in this, an Indy film for which we have waited nigh on 20 years.

Only the penitent man shall pass.

This concludes my warn-- review.

Hey! It could be hard as hell to teach actual gophers how to act naturally in front of a camera. They are much more likely to: 1. Scurry away 2. Spontaneously combust during a 10 second long shoot.

So CGI gophers are clearly the best option here.

Pathos
06-10-2008, 03:31 AM
Hey! It could be hard as hell to teach actual gophers how to act naturally in front of a camera. They are much more likely to: 1. Scurry away 2. Spontaneously combust during a 10 second long shoot.

So CGI gophers are clearly the best option here.
Haha! At the very least they could have made them photo realistic! And this after Speilberg claimed his fourth outing would be CGI-light. [bewildered]

Actually, I was able to salvage some good from the film. See, i was listening to the Showshow's (podcast) too-kind review of this flick (the show kinda bites, but hey they've got a Uwe Boll interview lined up - should be interesting), before they switched to stories about, well, poo! As in amusing anecdotes on stuff they've seen in bathroom stalls and such. Sorry to take you off topic but if you want to laugh till you piddle (i quite literally could not muffle my laughter and had to leave the office), download this baby (http://showshow.podomatic.com/enclosure/2008-05-27T17_43_26-07_00.mp3)and fast forward to about 40 mins in and let the pooey goodness waft over you.

Yes, CGI gophers i have a problem with, but a bunch of delightful tales of fecal folly? Bring it! [makes concentrated poo face]

Sexyjess
07-11-2008, 04:45 PM
i saw it on cinema yesterday was really good :D i liked it alot

EXEcution
07-11-2008, 06:59 PM
Haha! At the very least they could have made them photo realistic! And this after Speilberg claimed his fourth outing would be CGI-light. [bewildered]

Actually, I was able to salvage some good from the film. See, i was listening to the Showshow's (podcast) too-kind review of this flick (the show kinda bites, but hey they've got a Uwe Boll interview lined up - should be interesting), before they switched to stories about, well, poo! As in amusing anecdotes on stuff they've seen in bathroom stalls and such. Sorry to take you off topic but if you want to laugh till you piddle (i quite literally could not muffle my laughter and had to leave the office), download this baby (http://showshow.podomatic.com/enclosure/2008-05-27T17_43_26-07_00.mp3)and fast forward to about 40 mins in and let the pooey goodness waft over you.

Yes, CGI gophers i have a problem with, but a bunch of delightful tales of fecal folly? Bring it! [makes concentrated poo face]
Well I love toilet humor so I can't resist. :thumbs: