PDA

View Full Version : The Happening - Theater

FUS1ON
06-15-2008, 04:58 AM
IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0949731/

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fwccFTJIdo

Plot: A paranoid thriller about a family on the run from a natural crisis that presents a large-scale threat to humanity.

This just came out Friday and we have plans to see it Monday night. Has anyone seen it yet?

This is one movie that i've been wanting to see bad and the trailer makes it look awesome.

MORGANA
06-15-2008, 11:07 AM
I didn't see this movie yet, but is on my list. Trailer looks good, apart from i like "Marky Mark":D

BobtheCkroach
06-15-2008, 05:41 PM
I liked the Village alright, more than boring Signs.

Lady in the water was pretty bad, though.

I'm with Term. I'll wait for you to see it first.

EXEcution
06-15-2008, 06:09 PM
My friend wanted to see it so I went with him on Friday. The acting was great, but the film itself was not very memorable save a few scenes. It's not nearly as frightening or thrilling as The Sixths Sense, Signs, and Unbreakable.

I think that there is an overall lack or new and original ideas in Hollywood. However, this movie goes to show that even new ideas have their faults.

Oh well. I'm off to see The Incredible Hulk later today and even through it's far from being original I know that I will enjoy it much more than The Happening.

FUS1ON
06-15-2008, 10:02 PM
I think that there is an overall lack or new and original ideas in Hollywood. However, this movie goes to show that even new ideas have their faults.

That is what has me apprehensive about movies, it's kind of 'been there, done that' to pretty much everything with the numbers of movies i've seen lately .... i'm hoping for something at least semi-fresh.

FUS1ON
06-15-2008, 10:05 PM
saw the hulk instead(which was amazing) <3 Ed Norton

Marz please start a Hulk thread instead of jacking this thread, i'm going to see it tonight.

FUS1ON
06-18-2008, 02:59 AM
After looking at the trailer I was really interested in seeing this and now i'm kind of like the people in the movie, wondering what the hell is happening or should I say ... not happening. The movie is OK and that is about it.

2.5/5