PDA

View Full Version : The Love Guru

OUTLAWS The Machine
09-27-2008, 01:42 PM
I want those 2 hours of my life back. One of the worst movies I have seen in a long time. :down:

Sexyjess
09-29-2008, 11:13 AM
haha this movie is so shitty

EXEcution
09-29-2008, 02:32 PM
Why even bother to watch it. I have yet to see a movie that is better than it's trailer and the trailers for Love Guru were shiiiiit.

Death Engineer
09-29-2008, 06:13 PM
I suspect it had a handful of "funny" scenes (most of which were shown in the trailers). Good movies are hard to come by these days though. I have hard time getting excited about anything at the box office these days.

In the TV arena, Heroes, despite the lower interest this year, still seems to have solid acting/writing/story line. That and The Office are about all that I watch these days.

EXEcution
09-29-2008, 06:25 PM
In the TV arena, Heroes, despite the lower interest this year, still seems to have solid acting/writing/story line. That and The Office are about all that I watch these days.

I agree Heroes is great although the writers like to overcomplicate some things and so far the stories haven't been overlapping too well either. I guess we will have to wait and see.

BobtheCkroach
09-29-2008, 07:55 PM
I suspect it had a handful of "funny" scenes (most of which were shown in the trailers). Good movies are hard to come by these days though. I have hard time getting excited about anything at the box office these days.

I think heroes is off to a fantastic start. I'm excited for a new episode tonight.

If you're looking for a new show, let me recommend "Fringe", on Fox. It airs Tuesdays at 9, and there are 3 episodes out already. You can watch them all a Hulu, I believe. It's kind of X-files-esque, but rather than Aliens, this deals more with Fringe science - telekenesis, mind reading, etc. So far, I think it's a fantastic new series.

And the office premiere was fantastic :)

JIMINATOR
09-29-2008, 07:55 PM
reviews all said this was horrible. i pretty much pass on almost all movies nowadays. strange, as a kid I thought the reviewers were full of BS, but nowadays, not so much.

for heroes, still pending. The first season was awesome, except for the finale, which sucked, the second season was nothing but stupid story lines that nobody cared about. This season... might be interesting.

BobtheCkroach
09-29-2008, 08:02 PM
reviews all said this was horrible. i pretty much pass on almost all movies nowadays. strange, as a kid I thought the reviewers were full of BS, but nowadays, not so much.

for heroes, still pending. The first season was awesome, except for the finale, which sucked, the second season was nothing but stupid story lines that nobody cared about. This season... might be interesting.

While different, I grew to think the second season was just as good as the first season. Some of the storylines never really grew to more than that, but you can't really blame them for the strike cutting the show off in the middle. Personally, I thought they handled the strike the best way possible - for a show like heroes, they couldn't risk coming in back after teh strike, no knowing how many episodes they'd have to work with.

I'm very excited about this season. Peter, while a fun character, has always been plagued by the "Superman Syndrome" to me. Superman has always been the most boring hero to me - he's too strong. A green rock and his inability to let 1 woman die when facing a choice are his only weaknesses. Peter, with the ability to continually get stronger and stronger, has approached this...heals himself, flies, goes invisible, etc etc etc.

Throwing everything for a loop has been a good thing...

Present Peter can't use his powers, currently, it seems, and Future peter can't just go crazy like normal, b/c he's pissing his pants in fear that he'll make things worse than he already did

Add all that to the other awesome new twists and I really think the show is lined up to be the best season yet.

SASQUATCH
10-01-2008, 12:20 AM
I want those 2 hours of my life back. One of the worst movies I have seen in a long time. :down:

It's a bad movie for sure.:down: